Experimental wireless EV charger is just as fast as a superfast wired plug, scientists say

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
"100kW" is NOT a rate! A rate is an amount over a period of time. Do you mean 100kW per hour, per day? Please clarify!
Let's not be such pedants, of course the unit is per hour, no other units fit and it's the most common to the layman. It can be assumed. Yes, this is a public, lay article and we can assume without affect.

Apr 24, 2024
Visit site
I can't believe I registered just to correct a year-old comment.

"100kW" is NOT a rate! A rate is an amount over a period of time. Do you mean 100kW per hour, per day? Please clarify!

Watt is indeed a rate - it's one joule per second. 100kW is 100,000 joules per second. The timespan is built into the definition of the unit.
Just think of a 60W lightbulb - it doesn't use "60" of something total, over its whole lifespan. It uses 60W continuously as long as it's on, i.e. 60 joules per second.

Let's not be such pedants, of course the unit is per hour, no other units fit and it's the most common to the layman. It can be assumed. Yes, this is a public, lay article and we can assume without affect.

No. Please just google something before spouting nonsense about it.

Apr 17, 2024
Visit site
Right, it is a rate fundamental. I think most people are accustomed to this value expressed on paper over a period. Ie, as seen on a bill as cost. Periodization lends us a tangent as a work unit. Eventually these work units get expressed as small green peices of paper.

How much work did a 1ton vehicle do hurling down the road at 100kph? Well nothing unless we specify for how long. Is momentum an analogy to power or did I just totally bust it trying to stick inertia onto electrons? Trying to wrap my head around settle times sends me loopy, since there's no mass!

There is no spoon. Turtles all the way down I say.

Last edited:

Latest posts