Potential Advancements

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
Hello friends,
This thread is meant to address a couple of ideas for space travel that I believe have not been addressed or not been addressed enough. Now I am not in a Scientific career and I have not take higher education for anything pertaining to Sciences. But Science is something that I've always loved to look into, especially Astrology and Space Travel so many of my stuff my seem, amateurish. So my first Question that might be good to explore is, why hasn't Nuclear Power been more explored for Space Craft Propulsion instead of Electricity? I believe that Nuclear power would be a more reliable source of power to an engine than Electricity would be.

My Second Question is, why haven't Antifreeze proteins been further explored for preventing ice crystallization in the veins and cells, to promote potential suspended animation? I know there was a test done on some mice and in my opinion I think it was largely successful but, why haven't scientists considered a more human application beyond organ transplants? Especially with the advent of things like Crisprs, I think it's much more possible to bring about the successful suspended animation of a Human than ever before.

Question #1. Nuclear power is used, to generate electricity. The raw energy from a nuclear reactor is heat. Which is converted into electricity. And there is still the problem with shielding, to protect equipment and measurements. Some instruments are made to measure....what the reactor is emitting.

If we could get electricity straight from the reactor, instead of heat, and better shielding, we would see much more of it. The reactor and shielding need to be light weight too.

As for direct nuclear propulsion, one needs to convert heat into thrust and add mass(another fuel).

Far out probes need nuclear, to prevent the need for acres of solar panels.

The success of real space travel, will depend on learning to "live off the land", using the media of space it's self. In our system we have a rarefied charge stream flowing out from the sun. With a large enough collecting structure, we might sail and tack thru our system, maybe beyond. At the same time, generating electricity.

Question #2. Not really interested in sleeping. But acceleration is another matter. We need some way to cancel or mitigate acceleration. An inertial damper. Perhaps replacing all gas in the body, with a liquid, and have the whole body in a volume of liquid, might help.

I always thought that intermittent acceleration should be investigated.

Oct 12, 2021
Visit site
I don't know if the need for another mass to generate thrust is necessarily true. I'm aware that Nuclear power generates electricity, and recently advances have been made to Ion propulsion through use of electricity. The problem I see with the current advancement is that it requires Solar power and likely batteries to use. If you use Nuclear power you might be able to more efficiently generate propulsion through Ionized particles, and even strengthen that propulsion as current Ion Engines don't generate much thrust at all.

And the reason I ask about suspended Animation is with the idea of Galactic Travel, you'll need a way to preserve the life of the crew during such deep space travel to a destination. If it were more possible to accelerate through space fast enough to not require it that would be one thing but we have not yet discovered faster than light travel. The most probable and I think nearer to discovery is the successful suspended animation of the Human Body until it's use is once again needed.