Humans inhale a credit card's worth of microplastics every week. Here's where it ends up.

Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
"the biggest chunks of microplastic — those measuring about 5.56 microns" --is a thousand times smaller than the "tiny chunks of plastic debris measuring less than 0.2 inch (5 millimeters) long" that was given as the size of the problem earlier in the article.

I seriously doubt that I would fail to notice if I was inhaling pieces of plastic a fifth of an inch long.

Please can somebody there do some editing?

Hello, It appears that there might be an inconsistency or error in the article regarding the size of microplastic particles. The statement you provided states that the "biggest chunks of microplastic" are about 5.56 microns, which is indeed significantly smaller than the previously mentioned "tiny chunks of plastic debris measuring less than 0.2 inch (5 millimeters) long."
If you have concerns about the accuracy or clarity of the information, it is recommended to reach out to the publisher or author of the article to address the issue and request clarification or correction. Editing or fact-checking the article would require access to the original source and context, which is not available here.

Latest posts