Debunking Coronavirus Misinformation MegaThread

Page 3 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Mar 19, 2020
The source is bats. We are getting it from bats , No intermediary host has yet been found. Many suggestions have been made but we are getting it from bats. The prime target was wet markets with its bat guana. The other source could be bat guana fertilizer. So far, it looks like a direct infection. The main target are the cells with ACE2 and that is gram negative bacteria. They have the highest source of ACE2.

When the numbers of anaerobic Gram negative rod-shaped bacteria and spirochetes increase compared to the other bacteria in the sub-gingival plaque then gingivitis is more likely to occur. The organisms in this plaque contains large numbers of gram negative proteolytic and hemolytic bacteriathat cause inflammation of the gingiva.

Hence, wearing a mask. Could the source be bat guana. Yes and it could be airborne. Anything that has alot of gram negative bacteria is a target because of the ACE2. The question is where is the greater source of infection . That is what the scientists cannot figure out. Pigs can get it - depends on diet and there is a lot feces in a pig pen- lots of gram negative bacteria in stool. That is what they find in people - covid 19 is in the stool. Look at a nursing home and just how much of a problem that is.
The paper I attached says pigs don't get it.

Apr 6, 2020
I had been reading about Dr. Brownsteins work on Iodine - why we need it and why we cant live without it. He studied another scholar. I had some Iodoral on hand, so decided to take it along with selenium and magnesium, and ATP Cofactors. I had a history of Fibromyalgia - and this was a therapy, thus I was looking it over. After the infection started, I took the Iodoral and four days later my gum problem was gone and the dentist said so was the tartar. I got rid of the biofilm which contains the bacteria this virus seeks. I found out that this combination gets rid of the ROS - toxins from oxidative stress like this virus causes - the inflammatory reaction brought about by the reaction of the Lipopolysaccharide on the surface of the bacteria responding with ACE2 releasing cytokines. I found this reference from research....iodides are greatly present and available in the sea, where algal phytoplankton, the basis of marine food-chain, acts as a biological accumulator of iodides, selenium - gets rid of the ROS and they were talking about Three Billion Years Ago - a natural solution . The scientists believe this virus is not man made but a natural thing. It seemed like a logical thing to fight a natural enemy with a natural solution. The bat is also very old and apparently very good at surviving. I think the virus is in the bat and the guano and it is quite possible that this particular bat evolved enough to produce a virus with an attraction to ACE2. I don't think it was there before. If this is true, than the source of the infection is not humans, but the bat itself. Our cells are just a target and this is not species specific.

Apr 6, 2020
When I looked at the treatment for this virus using the malaria drug, it is a biofilm disruptor. If the biofilm is destroyed which is what the iodine and selenium does, than the immune system can take care of the virus. Understand, I am not calling iodine and selenium a cure - your immune system is the cure - you are

May 25, 2020
So the main cause of death during this outbreak is not the virus but what it leads to, Pneumonia. But there is a Vaccine against Pneumonia, addmittedly it comes in 2 parts 12 months apart but part 1 protects against the most prevelent and dangerous forms. So far I have heard no mention of this, I would have thought this would be a major line of defence especially for the most vulnerable.
WHO

Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib) vaccine, do not provide protection against the new coronavirus.

The virus is so new and different that it needs its own vaccine. Researchers are trying to develop a vaccine against 2019-nCoV, and WHO is supporting their efforts.

Although these vaccines are not effective against 2019-nCoV, vaccination against respiratory illnesses is highly recommended to protect your health.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2020
wait..so ur saying theirs a cure for this corona donna

Apr 29, 2020

Hey all,

Due to an abundance of posts touting natural remedies, DIY cures, and generally dangerous misinformation about the coronavirus, the Community Team thought it would be a good idea to collect all of these into a single spot.

This thread is intended to debunk COVID-19 myths, hoaxes, untested suppositions, and any other claims that are "too good to be true."

First things first, there is currently no medically approved cure or vaccine for coronavirus, period.

There are many groups and institutions working to find it, but these things take time. When people are afraid, they are more likely to try things that are risky or untested, so we will not allow posts that claim to be a cure to remain in our forums.

In this thread we'd like to hear any suspicious information that you've heard here, or elsewhere. This is not to continue the spread of questionable info, but so we can engage with the community to provide verifiable data to the contrary of these claims.

We encourage all of our LiveScience forum experts to contribute their knowledge to this thread. Please make sure to cite from a secondary or primary source when debunking a hoax. With a herd mentality and the exchange of knowledge we can defeat the grifters out there trying to profit from this public health crisis.

Some misinformation that we've seen and removed includes:
  • Drinking bleach
  • Ingesting colloidal silver
  • Specially grown food products
  • General "wonder drugs"
  • Coronavirus was caused by, or is linked to, 5G phone networks
Statements that are not proven with this strain of virus:

The best way to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 is to practice social distancing (keeping 6 feet/2 meters from one another or at the very least, 3 feet/1 meter from the nearest person), and to wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (20 seconds at least).

While the forum rules are posted to every subforum, it's good to call special attention to this specific rule here:

• Live Science forums host discussions based on established scientific principles, and as such, posts that attempt to ignore the preponderance of evidence, disavow scientific fact, or engage in logical fallacies to arrive at unfounded conclusions will be removed.
Ole Trumpy seem to spread the misinformation....but what does one expect from him.

Reactions: hellopunyhumans
Jun 25, 2020
It's important for ongoing studies to confirm everything we assume about this virus, other viruses, and how they all interact, so it's not likely medical science will start recommending this in wide swaths of the population in the near future.

There is some really helpful info on the pneumonia vaccines here. For most adults, studies show the vaccines are helpful at reducing infection in about 45% of recipients, which is good, but far from a sure thing.

For older people, or those with other medical conditions, it's certainly something that looks promising. I'm looking forward to hearing more info on how this current pandemic will impact the way medical professionals view these very specific types of vaccines.

Once things start to settle down again, I'll definitely at least talk to my doctor about this kind of preventative step, though I am fortunate enough to find myself ill only once every few years and it tends to pass within a day or two at most.
I like your proactive approach, what I challenge you with, is your trust in a pharmacological solution. There is absolutely nothing better than a HEALTHY body for combating any disease. There will always be exceptions but if hypertension, diabetes, et al are minimized due to exercise, a non-bad diet (a good diet is always better) and staying away from processed foods especially refined sugar... we will be in great shape.

I am not a fan of vaccines. If a vaccine were provided and I had the capability of recovering damage if harmed... then I might consider that option if my situation were dire. Currently, all manufacturers of vaccines are protected from litigation due to our Supreme Court.

42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22. Standards of responsibility

The source is bats. We are getting it from bats , No intermediary host has yet been found. Many suggestions have been made but we are getting it from bats. The prime target was wet markets with its bat guana. The other source could be bat guana fertilizer. So far, it looks like a direct infection. The main target are the cells with ACE2 and that is gram negative bacteria. They have the highest source of ACE2.

When the numbers of anaerobic Gram negative rod-shaped bacteria and spirochetes increase compared to the other bacteria in the sub-gingival plaque then gingivitis is more likely to occur. The organisms in this plaque contains large numbers of gram negative proteolytic and hemolytic bacteriathat cause inflammation of the gingiva.

Hence, wearing a mask. Could the source be bat guana. Yes and it could be airborne. Anything that has alot of gram negative bacteria is a target because of the ACE2. The question is where is the greater source of infection . That is what the scientists cannot figure out. Pigs can get it - depends on diet and there is a lot feces in a pig pen- lots of gram negative bacteria in stool. That is what they find in people - covid 19 is in the stool. Look at a nursing home and just how much of a problem that is.
I am sorry you had to experience this malady. Many people have focused on the wet markets and rightfully so but we are not taking notice of our exposure to this type of environment in the United States. Visit a slaughterhouse, visit a poultry farm, or where eggs are harvested... it is a bastion for infections. What is even scarier than seeing this mess is that our government and various pharmaceutical companies are collecting eggs for purposes of vaccines. Egg vaccines will not work on a Coronavirus but it does have success for the flu.

Mar 19, 2020
I like your proactive approach, what I challenge you with, is your trust in a pharmacological solution. There is absolutely nothing better than a HEALTHY body for combating any disease. There will always be exceptions but if hypertension, diabetes, et al are minimized due to exercise, a non-bad diet (a good diet is always better) and staying away from processed foods especially refined sugar... we will be in great shape.

I am not a fan of vaccines. If a vaccine were provided and I had the capability of recovering damage if harmed... then I might consider that option if my situation were dire. Currently, all manufacturers of vaccines are protected from litigation due to our Supreme Court.

42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22. Standards of responsibility

I am sorry you had to experience this malady. Many people have focused on the wet markets and rightfully so but we are not taking notice of our exposure to this type of environment in the United States. Visit a slaughterhouse, visit a poultry farm, or where eggs are harvested... it is a bastion for infections. What is even scarier than seeing this mess is that our government and various pharmaceutical companies are collecting eggs for purposes of vaccines. Egg vaccines will not work on a Coronavirus but it does have success for the flu.
You make it sound like a easter egg hunt for science. Which I would have loved when I was little.

The thing is, we don't yet know how we need to manufacture a SARS-CoV-2 vaccination. We can't have it in multi use vials becausee Karens in the US don't know that they don't use the harmless mercury compound anymore. All vaccines in the US have been single use for a while, but we may have to change that because we don't have enough vials to give vaccines to everyojne in the country in one fell swoop. We manufacture Flu vaccines using eggs, we might manufacture them with eggs for SARS-CoV-2.

Pharmacological cures are all we have to truly wipe this out. There will always be those vulnerable and unable to combat a virus, and it is our duty as fellow humans to help keep them safe. I am extremly lucky that my Grandparents have surrvived for as long as they have, and quite heathily at that. But I don't want to lose them because someone didn't get a stupid vaccine.

Jun 25, 2020
You make it sound like a easter egg hunt for science. Which I would have loved when I was little.

The thing is, we don't yet know how we need to manufacture a SARS-CoV-2 vaccination. We can't have it in multi use vials becausee Karens in the US don't know that they don't use the harmless mercury compound anymore. All vaccines in the US have been single use for a while, but we may have to change that because we don't have enough vials to give vaccines to everyojne in the country in one fell swoop. We manufacture Flu vaccines using eggs, we might manufacture them with eggs for SARS-CoV-2.

Pharmacological cures are all we have to truly wipe this out. There will always be those vulnerable and unable to combat a virus, and it is our duty as fellow humans to help keep them safe. I am extremly lucky that my Grandparents have surrvived for as long as they have, and quite heathily at that. But I don't want to lose them because someone didn't get a stupid vaccine.
You are fortunate with your grandparents, I hope they continue to prosper. Vaccines are a mute point anyway. If the government wishes for all of us to be vaccinated, there is absolutely nothing that anybody can do about it, plain and simple. The laws allows our government to vaccinate anybody and everybody if it is declared to be for the betterment of the whole.

Jul 15, 2020
So the main cause of death during this outbreak is not the virus but what it leads to, Pneumonia. But there is a Vaccine against Pneumonia, addmittedly it comes in 2 parts 12 months apart but part 1 protects against the most prevelent and dangerous forms. So far I have heard no mention of this, I would have thought this would be a major line of defence especially for the most vulnerable.
The lung damage is initially autoimmune with the body attacking the lung tissue.
this injury and associated immune deficiency opens the lungs to a secondary infection.
the pneumonia vaccines are active only against a couple of bugs. they also take a too long to become infective. there are many bacteria that can cause pneumonia, these have no vaccines and antibiotics cant work if the body is too beaten up (low oxygen levels, impaired circulation , etc)
Michael F. Holick, MD, PhD, Professor of Physiology and Biophysics, and leading authority on vitamin D, writes:

"Most children and adults are vitamin D deficient in the winter. Essentially no vitamin D can be made from sun exposure during the months of November through March if you live above or below 35 degrees latitude (e.g. Busan, S. Korea, Xi'an, China, Atlanta, USA or Malaga, Spain).

It has been suggested that there is a seasonal stimulus for developing viral infections such as the flu during the winter time. At the time of the peak flu season in the winter is at exactly the same time a person's vitamin D status [blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D] is at its lowest level. Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining a healthy immune system and therefore winter-associated vitamin D deficiency can weaken the immune system increasing the risk of developing viral infections that cause upper respiratory tract infections. There is evidence that adequate levels of vitamin D during the winter can result in a reduction in the incidence of influenza A and in other viral illnesses of the respiratory tract.

Given the newness of the coronavirus (COVID-19), no research has studied how vitamin D levels might be associated with the incidence or severity of a coronavirus infection. However, at this time I believe it is prudent to make sure everyone has adequate vitamin D levels."

Ernest T. Armstrong, inventor of the vitamin D promoting sunscreen Solar D® (solar-d.com), writes: "All countries worst hit by COVID-19 are northern, wintertime countries or countries where people get very little sunshine and therefore make very little vitamin D in their skin. If the COVID-19 acts similar to other known seasonal viruses, then in the spring as the sun climbs higher in the sky, people will make more vitamin D, immune-system suppression will lessen, and the number of new cases of COVID-19 will fall dramatically."
Brazil is experiencing a terrible covid epidemic
plenty of sun there
vit D can't be implicated there
if children are so vit d deficient why do they not get sick?

WHO said its not transmitted via droplets; masks not necessary
oops, they reversed and now says masks are good
WHO is too much influenced by China and lesser developed nations.

ASK THE COMMUNITY