Debunking Coronavirus Misinformation MegaThread

Page 2 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Mar 21, 2020
One article from what can be considered biased sources should not convince any scientist that this article is gospel. My background leads me to believe that there is more research conducted by private researchers that does not receive corporate support.

I suspect that the rapid spread of COVID-19 is NOT an accidental mutation, but further independent research is needed. Just like Independent research exposed the true causes of autism before those scientists met with suspicious deaths, we will get to the bottom of the origin of COVID-19, hopefully in a shorter period of time.

Mar 21, 2020
Does anyone have a critical analysis of the validity (or otherwise) of the information presented in this Sri Lanka TV site:

If true, then it seems potentially very important, but I haven’t seen it reported in any other mainstream (e.g. UK gov) sites, and haven’t been able to corroborate it or debunk it.

Reactions: meta-morpho-sys
Mar 24, 2020
I found this useful list of drug prevention and treatment options for COVID-19

The Chinese are doing clinical trials with intravenous Vitamin C to prevent ARDS. There is a treatment protocol called the Marik protocol that has been in use in ICU's in the US using Intravenous Vitamin C, thiamine and corticosteroids that has had impressive success in treating sepsis and ARDS when used early in the patient's course.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA7obbfGg_o

I found this useful list of drug prevention and treatment options for COVID-19

One potentially helpful preventative measure is the consumption of baking soda (1/2 tsp. in 8 ounces of water) daily. Here is a link to the article describing the modulating effect of baking soda on the body's immune response:

When COVID-19 patients deteriorate it is often because of a cytokine storm mounted by the body to try to defeat the novel virus to which there are no antibodies. Preparing the body in advance by consuming baking soda could prevent this from happening. It's a safe thing to do...kidney patients are often encouraged to do this to prevent the advancement of kidney disease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 16, 2020
Everyone is looking for a miracle drug, but all drugs come from herbal remedies but slightly changed so some company can profit and/or gouge. First I have to tell you a story. I ran a ceramic shop that also sold incense. After 3 or 4 flavors, most people could not tell the difference in flavors, so after reading about coffee beans I tried it, I added a can of coffee beans. After customers tried 3 or 4 flavors, I had them smell coffee beans and it cleared out their noses. Then the customers tried another 3 or 4 flavors, and again the coffee beans. I sold many more flavors, coffee beans worked and solved a problem.
Since the virus seems to enter the nose and then people lose the sense of smell, if a person drinks coffee, first swirl it around the mouth in order for the smell to get to the olfactory nerves, or the "smeller". A better method is to get a La M ache machine, or what ever it is called where you normally put in a saline solution and it flushes out the sinus cavities and the smeller, the solution goes in one part of the nose and comes out the other. BUT, instead of a saline solution, use coffee. Now the smeller is clean on the virus, and still drink coffee and swirl. The coffee should also kill the virus in the stomach.
Clove oil should also help in the air, it relaxes people.
Tell me how it works, it should keep you healthy.

MIKE

ASK THE COMMUNITY