Tiny black holes from the dawn of time may be altering our planet's orbit, new study suggests

Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
Puh-leez!!!! Atom sized black holes passing by at over 100 million miles away altering a planets orbit? You wanna know what else id bet they would alter?? How's about the stupid ligo/vrgo data that claims to have detected "merging black holes" and "magnetars" and "neutron stars" . It's nonsense! Space fairy tales! Nobody has seen a black hole, we have no proof they exist, we are being fed fantasy to keep your head in outer space!

Jan 16, 2024
Visit site
To the article author: did you intend to say they were "made of" dark matter, or "make up" dark matter, as in dark matter is comprised of these PBHs. Because that is my understanding, that PBHs are candidates to "be" dark matter. Not necessarily that they are made of dark matter.

Anyways. To the other commenter, I don't think that constant velocity black holes create gravitational waves. Maybe that's what you're missing, and why you're confused... Because these PBHs are, by their nature - fast and weakly interacting. But what do I know. Honestly not much, PBHs are still just a hypothesis at this point. But the math and theory behind them is pretty clear on how they would interact if they in fact do exist.... Nothing made up about any of that.

Mar 23, 2023
Visit site
ah yes, the pesky issue of never having seen it and so just hypothesizing anything that fits within the boundaries of what we don't know which is quite a large space.

Jun 19, 2023
Visit site
Puh-leez!!!! Atom sized black holes passing by at over 100 million miles away altering a planets orbit? You wanna know what else id bet they would alter?? How's about the stupid ligo/vrgo data that claims to have detected "merging black holes" and "magnetars" and "neutron stars" . It's nonsense! Space fairy tales! Nobody has seen a black hole, we have no proof they exist, we are being fed fantasy to keep your head in outer space!
Then what invisible object with a mass of 4.1 million suns at the center of our galaxy are stars orbiting if black holes don't exist?

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
This article does not make sense.

When I studied physics, mass had two measures - inertial and gravitational. They were believed to correspond to the same underlying quality, but nothing could prove it. I believe all of that is still true. Now, the article states the PBHs have the mass of asteroids. The article also states these PHBs are expected to alter orbits of planets to a degree that can be detected by experiment - and attributed to such PBHs.

Really? If something the mass of an asteroid can make a measurable impact on an orbit, **then what about the similar orbital effects of all the actual asteroids and comets that have similar mass?** At least the ones coming within two AU? And what about the bigger ones further out where the mass counteracts the distance effect? The article makes no mention as to how that is dealt with. That is a gross oversight.