Supermassive black hole at the heart of the Milky Way is approaching the cosmic speed limit, dragging space-time along with it

Aug 27, 2020
Visit site
As confounding as the physics of black holes is, it seems to me that you should still be able to define its rotation as a function of number of revolutions per interval of time, which would put it into a much more understandable frame of reference than a number between 0 and 1. Has the speed of Sag A been defined in such terms, and if so, it was an epic fail for the author not to mention that number in this article.

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
As confounding as the physics of black holes is, it seems to me that you should still be able to define its rotation as a function of number of revolutions per interval of time, which would put it into a much more understandable frame of reference than a number between 0 and 1. Has the speed of Sag A been defined in such terms, and if so, it was an epic fail for the author not to mention that number in this article.
As far as I am aware, there has not been any luck in seeing a wobble in Sag A, so there is no way of calculating the spin.