Stunning 'Einstein engagement ring' from the early universe is one of the oldest ever discovered

Mar 23, 2023
Visit site
Wait I guess I don't get it. so if the Galaxy is 19 billion light years away then it's 19 billion light years away and it would take at minimum 19 billion years to get to us. The alternative is that we weren't 19 billion light years away at one point, in fact, we were the same entity at one point, But then why wouldn't we see light from literally everything...

Jun 19, 2023
Visit site
Wait I guess I don't get it. so if the Galaxy is 19 billion light years away then it's 19 billion light years away and it would take at minimum 19 billion years to get to us. The alternative is that we weren't 19 billion light years away at one point, in fact, we were the same entity at one point, But then why wouldn't we see light from literally everything...
"The galaxy emitting the Einstein ring is so far away that you might think its light should not be visible to us; at more than 19 billion light-years away, the light appears older than the universe itself, which is thought to be roughly 13.8 billion years old. However, due to the expansion of the universe, the galaxy has moved away from us while its light has traveled toward us. The light we see was first emitted from the galaxy around 11.2 billion years ago. As a result, the light has a red hue because it has been stretched out by cosmic expansion — a phenomenon known as red shift."

The observable universe is 93 billion LY.

Latest posts