Earth slammed by ultra-powerful 'goddess particle' cosmic ray, and we have no idea where it came from

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Researchers recently detected an "ultra-high-energy" cosmic ray, which is the most powerful since the famous "Oh My God" particle was detected in 1991. They have no idea where it came from.

Earth slammed by ultra-powerful 'goddess particle' cosmic ray, and we have no idea where it came from : Read more
This troubles me. I shouldn't be surprised at the discovery.
Especially scientists not knowing where it came from. Like I mention constantly, It's the one event humans have no warning or knowledge of the origin which can take place at any time, and we have been fortunate to not have had an interruption of partial extinction or barrier to propagation, for a very long time.
More to my point, we are far late for an occurrence not experienced in many thousands of years.

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
From the article, with translations:

"But the particle could also come from an "unknown astronomical phenomena and novel physical origins beyond the Standard Model [of physics]," Fujii said. "
=
We don't know what we're doing

"The team hopes that next-generation observatories will be able to trace the origins of these UHE particles and help reveal what causes them. "
=
Can we have some more money for a new toy

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
From the article, with translations:

"But the particle could also come from an "unknown astronomical phenomena and novel physical origins beyond the Standard Model [of physics]," Fujii said. "
=
We don't know what we're doing

"The team hopes that next-generation observatories will be able to trace the origins of these UHE particles and help reveal what causes them. "
=
Can we have some more money for a new toy
I wouldn't belittle this discovery. Increasingly, space scientists are witnessing phenomenal energies and masses outstripping our knowledge of physics.
Such discoveries indicate an additional concern for planet earth.
Though as a human, I feel a bit insecure at being informed there are physics far beyond our knowledge. It's no joke.
The more we learn, the more is revealed, and that is, we are surrounded by anti-life of every spectrum. None of it is conducive to biological existence.

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
I wouldn't belittle this discovery. Increasingly, space scientists are witnessing phenomenal energies and masses outstripping our knowledge of physics.
Such discoveries indicate an additional concern for planet earth.
Though as a human, I feel a bit insecure at being informed there are physics far beyond our knowledge. It's no joke.
The more we learn, the more is revealed, and that is, we are surrounded by anti-life of every spectrum. None of it is conducive to biological existence.
I'm not belittling the discovery, I'm not belittling anything, I'm merely pointing out that our little minds and machines and the 'standard model' are a long way from understanding the huge universe and all its tiny secrets.
My post was merely a tongue in check comment to show some humility about the vast gulf between our understanding and the reality of the place we live.

Reactions: Giovani