Do cats really hate us?

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
Wow! A biggie not mentioned! Muscles are missing in cats to show emotion on their face. Not so for dogs.
You can look at a dog's face & read it; dog looks happy, sad, yadda. A cat 's poker face does not allow humans to interpret a cat's emotions. Humans see the poker face, assumes as not caring for the caretaker, compared to a dog.

Also, cats from evolution are solo hunters, and dogs were pack animals. A hierarchy for the pack leader was required, to maintain order. Please the alpha dog. Dog sees humans as masters or alpha. Cat from heredity hunts alone, not requiring Alpha male to maintain order within the pack. Comparing apples to oranges applies

Reactions: Bruzote
Jan 10, 2024
Visit site
Well, my 2 cats Adore my wife & i BUT if we dropped dead & they had BUCKETS of kibble they would STILL Choose to Eat on US ... Thats rite folks, our pets are just WAITING for us to Keel over so they can chew your Nose & lips off.. (soft parts first) obviously !! They cant bite TOO terribly Hard !! But this is a Fact, not an opinion.. look it up ! They prefer us over Real food hahaha

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
I'm glad you have two loving cats; sounds like a cat-friendly house. Like humans cats have different emotions and can be not friendly. The younger you get kitty, the less baggage they have. My adopted 3 yr old, hahas alot of baggage, can't toucher after a year. Using cat behaviorist etc. Bonding with humans is frightening to her.

Reactions: Bruzote
Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
Dogs very fast eaters, why in the pack a lot of competition, eat quick or be shoved away.

Meow lacking pack comp for food, a fussy, slow eater.

How about a little food in the bowl, won't eat, lots of food in the bowl Fido devours rapidly.
Near empty bowl signals tough times save some food for later. Full bowl devour

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
You need "what is" first to wonder 'why'. That is what science does!
Hmm! The opposite, is to build from scratch, where some will say "what is"

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
One needs the other. observation & why to play. Yes! And the game plan for science is described eloquently described.
One small important tool left out is 'peer review'. Started long ago with Galileo. Referred to as 'papers'.
Submit papers to the journal for. I've been with Folding@home for quite some time, and I can slug through papers with a smidge of understanding. I'm very familiar with what you eloquently wrote.

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
See it in action google 'folding at home' protein folding & misfolding. Originally at Stanford fah's home.
Researchers from around the globe send 'project' to F@H > F@H uses a distributed computing network consisting of a million PCs. Fa@H takes researches project software, & chops into tiny bits of code > sends small code to donors machine, works on, till complete >then auto sends back to F@H > when Fah gets all the pieces back (like completed jigsaw puzzle) > F@H & researcher co-write paper for submit to journal > results published in journal > now in open domain free for merck pfizer yadda . to facilitate medicine.

FAH was the headquarters for the 'COVID MOONSHOT' researcher from around the globe who submitted this and that on COVID research to F@H > all projects at FAH stopped & worked only COVID. early arrival of pfizer moderna vaccines. Focused effort globally & F@h distributed put in together , from donors work

No money ever changes hand anywhere in the process, Nobody says welcome or goodbye, all free, never been hacked FaH started 1990. Granddaddy was SETI search for Extrterristal Intelligence,.

wiki 'active Distributed Computing list' Stanford, Oxford, Cern collider, & many more have active on going DC projects donors can participate in FREE. Oxford - studies climate change yadda.

If its to big of a project for best supercomputer DC compuing is the only way to go. Many projects

1. Wiki
2. peruse fah, they have a forum most do you can chat and ask

Q's I'll help answer

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
See it in action google 'folding at home' protein folding & misfolding. Originally at Stanford fah's home.
Researchers from around the globe send 'project' to F@H > F@H uses a distributed computing network consisting of a million PCs. Fa@H takes researches project software, & chops into tiny bits of code > sends small code to donors machine, works on, till complete >then auto sends back to F@H > when Fah gets all the pieces back (like completed jigsaw puzzle) > F@H & researcher co-write paper for submit to journal > results published in journal > now in open domain free for merck pfizer yadda . to facilitate medicine.

FAH was the headquarters for the 'COVID MOONSHOT' researcher from around the globe who submitted this and that on COVID research to F@H > all projects at FAH stopped & worked only COVID. early arrival of pfizer moderna vaccines. Focused effort globally & F@h distributed put in together , from donors work

No money ever changes hand anywhere in the process, Nobody says welcome or goodbye, all free, never been hacked FaH started 1990. Granddaddy was SETI search for Extrterristal Intelligence,.

wiki 'active Distributed Computing list' Stanford, Oxford, Cern collider, & many more have active on going DC projects donors can participate in FREE. Oxford - studies climate change yadda.

If its to big of a project for best supercomputer DC compuing is the only way to go. Many projects

1. Wiki
2. peruse fah, they have a forum most do you can chat and ask

Q's I'll help answer

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
When you say Wiki, do you mean Wikipedia? They are my most used Internet website! I even started donating money to them because they are worth it. They are like the Encyclopedia and Dictionary of a library … so important!
yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_volunteer_computing_projects I asked Ai to explain F@H live science cant post as .pdf, .png, or others See FAHs forum, I'm user Ricardo if you join, leave msg. Access from F@H's home page

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
When you say Wiki, do you mean Wikipedia? They are my most used Internet website! I even started donating money to them because they are worth it. They are like the Encyclopedia and Dictionary of a library … so important!
Keep your money. Wikipedia is LOADED with money. They ask for more money because the people managing their MASSIVE endowment collect fees for managing. I used to donate, even during unemployment, but then I learned the truth about how much they have.

Look it up - the Wikimedia Foundation, under which Wikipedia operates, had about $120 ***MILLION*** as of June 2023. Hundreds of millions. Think about that. Someone could steal $10 MILLION from them and it wouldn't even be 10% of their funds. Until they explain this Harvard-like need to accumulate ever more money, they should be cutoff (as should Harvard.) If you like concentrating wealth in the hands of wealthy money managers, I suppose you should keep donating. Otherwise, you might want to keep your money.

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
I hear you, Bruzote; let's boycott Microsoft. Mr Gates has way too much money, and he wants more.

Wikipedia and Harvard are both useful to society; what they do with money is their business. Also applies to you & me.

So that you know, proofs should be added since the Wiki/Harvard comparison seems a little out there.

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
Internet police are called 'mods'. The plural of Mod is Mod Squad. One law helping to maintain peace is steering back to the topic.

Could you let me know if you saw the list?

Bard Google's AI search can explain. https://bard.google.com/chat 'dc computing, and those on the list.

Your Idle CPU cycles work to answer science questions from the researchers. Right now, my spare CPU cycles, are working to cure cancer. Project #1929 from Sloan Kettering, cancer researcher > submitted to F@H #1929, to speed up the answer > so the researcher can bring about new meds SOONER.
The only thing required: Computer/internet.

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
I understand that, voiced often, & your correct to at being skeptical. F@H as been doing this since year 2000, never had a security breach
Several reasons
1. No money, to be found, if breached
2. Incoming & outgoing are 'encrypted'
3. Sponsoring projects, are primarily academics, at universities. One breach, of DC, would cause mass abandonment of DC computing scientist, need F@H & F@H needs you, they are very cautious. Having the greates computer nerds running the show. very attentive so as not to kill the goose. Reward on campus is published paper in academy the saying is publish or parish, Next grad students stepping stone to Phd. VJ Pande founder of F@H head of chemisty & physics deptartments. Used F@H creds & US grant money. Grants have long stings attached. One is cannot profit from grat money, for x amount of time, nor can grant money be used for anythin but research. Doing so revokes grant money, flushing work down the drain . VJ follwed the rules contract for grant with US gov. He now works for private firm. His one of his grat students earene his doctorate & VJ handed the keys to newly minted PHD, now a professor, running F@H in his lab

Jan 9, 2024
Visit site
H Cheryl, you are exhausting! Internet police are OWNERS of this site. They take ownership, by purchasing a 'domain', 'internet domain', with that ownership comes naming rights, here owner chose to call this 'domain' "LiveScience" the owner desires a friendly domain (or anything owner desires), to ensure decorum is followed Moderators are used appreriviated Mod.
NOTE: Live Science is owned by Future, US Inc., a subsidiary of the UK-based company Future PLC. Live Science generates revenue through advertising and syndication of content. LS founded 2004.

Good Bye & Take Care
R