Classified UFO videos would 'harm national security' if released, Navy says

It's the displays that are of concern. Not only can the type of sensors be inferred from the displays......but the detection strategy---(which is far more important and secret) can be inferred from the information on the displays. Even a plane's envelope can be determined from some displays. And our missile capabilities can be inferred. This data is very revealing. And can be taken advantage of by a foreign power.

And one more fact to consider about these sighting narratives. Without doubt, we have the best targeting systems in the world. But the huge weakness in our military is the detection and determination of incoming targets. This has haunted the US military for decades. To this very day. There have been many problems with ghost and mis-calculated trajectories.

That's why I don't get excited with these UFO reports.

Reactions: Snorrie
Hayseed's above post is accurate and to the point. The Navy should have been as likewise concise with its statement. From my time in the military during a rash of UFO news claims, several photographic projects were under civilian contract. One "Test" which was preferred and openly bragged about was for an aircraft to detect a car parked in a secluded spot and try to photograph through the rear window any "Toe Tingling" in-progress. P.S: As any Marine will tell you, those "Squids" are funny that way.

Seems highly likely the US intelligence community stirred up all this hocus pocus to create speculation and confusion particularly among other nation-parties. Easy to photoshop that "UFO" bit into the footage, no? And of course the Air Force is in on it as well. It easily lures certain adversaries into a false sense of security, that parts of the US military is preoccupied with this "UFO" issue, when in reality they know every bit of it.
Well, if all of my splendid deductions above be eventually rebuffed, then I can think of only one legit actor in this: Russia. Back in the Soviet days they had a long history of designing aero-machinery, and even their jet engines nowadays are still reasonably advanced. The PRC, in comparison, lagged behind in such areas and only recently managed to copy US designs for stealth fighter jets.
The fanfare surrounding extraterrestrials is quite illogical really. Even if organic lifeforms (as we know them) do exist, they are likely to be so primitive or metabolise so slowly, that they wouldn't concern us whatsoever. It has been shown that on different planets carbon molecules are slightly different, and the humanoid aliens with round eye-bulbs are likely products of our wild imagination.

Reactions: Snorrie
Enrico Fermi asked "Where are they" referring to extraterrestrials. Given the expansion of the Universe, the vagaries of Evolution and our proclivity for self-destruction, Dr. Fermi's question will most likely will go unanswered. So hopeful, the UFO obsessed humans will have to be contented with the fantasies of science fiction, and the frustratingly dopey dithering of government bureaucrats. But such has its attractions/distractions via those alluring women of the Star Trek series and similar series. P.S.: Seven-of-Nine was my kind of "extraterrestrial".

Latest posts