Can I have laser eye surgery?

Nov 23, 2020
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum.
I have squints and also has been suffering from shortsightedness. I wear glasses and, at times, lenses. Sometimes wearing glasses causes headaches, and I feel like my eyes are stressed. A friend told me why can't I do laser eye surgery. He said good about laser eye surgery. But he said to me that by forgetting that I have squints. I need to confirm whether a person like me with squints can be a candidate for it or not. Will there be any health problems due to this? Does anyone know about this? Kindly share your views.

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2020
How old are you? 68 here. I went in to get new eyeglasses and was told glasses wouldn't help. Cataracts. Just got both eyes done. I couldn't believe the difference. It's like having new eyes. Just putting standard lens in.....I now have 20/20. But all eyes are different. There is a couple of weeks wait between eyes. So I could compare old eye with new eye.

Looking thru the old lens was like looking thru a dirty yellow cloudy window. And because it comes on slow......I had no idea my eyes were so bad. The new intensity and brightness was uncomfortable at first, but doesn't last long.

Just lay back in a chair, no pain, and it took about 10 minutes. And now.....no squint.

For laser surgery, from what I understand, sculpts the outside lens, and so no external eye correction needed.

That should relieve squint too. The doctor probably goes by his sight measurements, not the degree of squint.

Some squints don't come from bad eyesight.

Jan 11, 2021
How old are you? 68 here. I went in to get new eyeglasses and was told glasses wouldn't help. Cataracts. Just got both eyes done. I couldn't believe the difference. It's like having new eyes. Just putting standard lens in.....I now have 20/20. But all eyes are different. There is a couple of weeks wait between eyes. So I could compare old eye with new eye.

Looking thru the old lens was like looking thru a dirty yellow cloudy window. And because it comes on slow......I had no idea my eyes were so bad. The new intensity and brightness was uncomfortable at first, but doesn't last long.

Just lay back in a chair, no pain, and it took about 10 minutes. And now.....no squint.

For laser surgery, from what I understand, sculpts the outside lens, and so no external eye correction needed.

That should relieve squint too. The doctor probably goes by his sight measurements, not the degree of squint.

Some squints don't come from bad eyesight.
Cataract when left untreated can lead to permanent blindness. We at the The Eye Foundation pave way for perfect vision through our efficient Cataract Eye Surgery. Cost of cataract eye surgery at The Eye Foundation is affordable and deliver great results. Pave way to clear vision with Cataract eye surgery at The Eye Foundation. Cataract is characterized by a painless, progressive decline in vision. Apart from decreasing vision patients with cataract even in the early stages may experience increased glare while driving at night or reading in dim illumination, difficulty in differentiating objects at a distance and the need for frequent change of glasses.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts