Any other COVID-19 Data Analysts out there?

Nov 9, 2020
I am a data analyst who is working on data for my counties COVID-19 cases. We currently are getting our data from Epitrax, which comes with many quirks and irregularities.

I wanted to reach out and see how others have handled their data from EPI and share tips/tricks to manipulating the data to get it as accurate as possible.

I have the majority of my Tableau dashboard done for the upgrade to our county website.

I just feel like I am unable to find a community who consists of health experts and data scientists.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 20, 2020
In addition to staffing, we asked respondents what has changed for them, aside from working from home. The top answer was travel; 76% stated that they were being asked not to travel for at least six months. Although only 20% of respondents reported that analytics or data initiatives had been cancelled, about a third said that new purchases for software or services around data and analytics had been frozen.

Jun 7, 2021
There is currently no evidence that people can catch COVID-19 from food. The virus that causes COVID-19 can be killed at temperatures similar to that of other known viruses and bacteria found in food.

Sep 27, 2022
The COVID-19 Data Analyst provides technical assistance to the GH COVID-19Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Team. The MEL team is a critical component of the GH COVID-19Technical Working Group and the Agency’s overall COVID response eff ort. The COVID-19 Data Analyst is expected to use appropriate statistical approaches and software programs to conduct advanced analyses and visualization to inform monitoring and data application for learning and adaptation. The Data Analyst will translate complex data analysis concepts and requirements into clear, digestible, and usable information. The Data Analyst will work with the MEL team’s leadership to conduct analyses, develop reports, and create visualizations to clearly articulate data trends, including programmatic impacts. The Data Analyst will perform other duties as required. FaceTime

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020
I would hate to be a statistical scientist. For my results would only be relevant to the set of numbers I was given. Is that set accurate and with complete factors? Have you ever heard of a UNI-narrative for any statistic?

So we have probability narratives. This is so that everyone saves face and respectability when shown to be foolish by future results.

ASK THE COMMUNITY