Any other COVID-19 Data Analysts out there?

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
I am a data analyst who is working on data for my counties COVID-19 cases. We currently are getting our data from Epitrax, which comes with many quirks and irregularities.

I wanted to reach out and see how others have handled their data from EPI and share tips/tricks to manipulating the data to get it as accurate as possible.

I have the majority of my Tableau dashboard done for the upgrade to our county website.

I just feel like I am unable to find a community who consists of health experts and data scientists.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: JAXX1
Nov 20, 2020
Visit site
In addition to staffing, we asked respondents what has changed for them, aside from working from home. The top answer was travel; 76% stated that they were being asked not to travel for at least six months. Although only 20% of respondents reported that analytics or data initiatives had been cancelled, about a third said that new purchases for software or services around data and analytics had been frozen.

I would hate to be a statistical scientist. For my results would only be relevant to the set of numbers I was given. Is that set accurate and with complete factors? Have you ever heard of a UNI-narrative for any statistic?

So we have probability narratives. This is so that everyone saves face and respectability when shown to be foolish by future results.

Nov 9, 2022
Visit site
COVID is bigger than anything I write about here, and tech itself is mostly slowing-to-shutting down this week. But, there are still interesting things happening. Stay at home and catch up on your reading.

Note: I will not be linking to Medium posts full of charts created by people who could not spell epidemiology two weeks ago. Other people's jobs are hard too, and in times like this it's important to know what you don't know.'

This is from Benedict Evans' (of a16z) blog. I think the second paragraph is especially important in this context - I can think of no better way of putting the point across. Especially true for people taking part in Data Science challenges and pretending to 'help'.