Ancient never-before-seen viruses discovered locked up in Tibetan glacier

Page 3 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
Your wide variety of experts are not that expert after all. Most have no more knowledge of climate and meteorology than you and I and most never take the trouble to get facts but just go along with the political winds of the day. Follow the money on Climate Change and you will discover that it is really just another way to take control of your money and your life with more government - world government at that. The globalist will lie, cheat and stop at nothing to own you.

Yes that is why I should listen to someone who is less of an expert on the field :)

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
I believe the earth is flat as well. But I see facts and see where I am wrong. It is undeniable that humans are influencing the climate and it is changing before our eyes. It is true that the earth has got its own cycles on a 10,000 or more years basis. The concern is more for the next generations and the world we will leave for them. I do not want my grandkids to live in a world where there are no birds, butterflies and polar bears.

Thats good. What are you doing to change it? Maybe my ancestors said, I do not want my grand kids to live in a world where dodo birds, tasmanian tigers and japanese sea lions do not exist. (And the list goes on) My point is not to say who is right or who is wrong. Do you practice what you preach? have you planted any trees? What can even be done about it? If everyone worked togther, maybe we could slow polution. Even if you could, can you really stop the enevitable?

I do. I beleive in respecting the earth and nature. I dont litter and do service projects to clean up our earth. I love the planet, but I also recognise it has its natural cycles nature has and always will change.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Geoengineering isn't a conspiracy theory it is a conspiracy fact. Try doing a little research every once in awhile and learn something. What do you think chemtrails are? That is called Geoengineering. Even Russia has a HAARP. Another one of those little conspiracy facts. Actually in the 80's they were saying we were going to have a mini ice age. I remember seeing it on the news when I was younger. They will do anything to control the human population. Remember that and use common sense and don't be a sucker. Not to mention we are not the only country with these capabilities.
"Chemtrails"....oh, you mean contrails. Yes, you are a conspiracy theorist It's always extra amusing when conspiracy theorists say to "use common sense."

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
If this is so important to you and you believe this why aren't you out protesting the corporations that are the ones making most of the pollution? I remember when I lived near an Alcoa and the water was turning green around it. That is why they decided to bottle up the aluminum runoff and get rid of it through putting it in all the drinking water called fluoride. Very good for your teeth and the environment.
You seem to be pretending that no one is in fact protesting those corporations and pushing for changes. Your post makes no sense.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
So Al Gore is not a liberal going around preaching and making movies while living in his mansion and flying around in his custom plane? He don't even believe it himself or he would live off the grid. Which he don't. That is called a hypocrite which most politicians are. He would stand to make many more millions for carbon taxes.
None of your silly rant changes the fact that the science was already strong well before anyone, "liberal" or not, started pushing it to the mainstream.

"Chemtrails"....oh, you mean contrails. Yes, you are a conspiracy theorist It's always extra amusing when conspiracy theorists say to "use common sense."

Chemtrails stick around in the sky and spread out all over the sky and slowly come to the ground. I watch them all the time during the summer. Contrails dissipate almost instantly. It is easy to see the difference between the two when you watch them. I was in the Air Force so I have seen enough planes to see the difference. You can call me what you want but observation for yourself is key. That is precisely what I use my common sense and my observation and researching abilities.

You seem to be pretending that no one is in fact protesting those corporations and pushing for changes. Your post makes no sense.

It's called Problem, Reaction, Solution. The controllers create the problem you get the reaction from the citizens for the controllers to push the bills they wanted passed all along. Sure their may be protests not very big ones but they are protesting for exactly what the controllers want.
What is wanted by the controllers is carbon taxes and pretty much taxing the air you breath. Also having everybody living in a society where it is all compacted much like China. I hope you like one room houses for your family. Everything will be on the smart meters and all your smart devices to know exactly how much energy you are using. And well if you go over your energy consumption look to be fined and or imprisoned. That is the future they want. So yea keep protesting for that. :LOL:

None of your silly rant changes the fact that the science was already strong well before anyone, "liberal" or not, started pushing it to the mainstream.

I never said I didn't believe in science. Heck if it wasn't for science we would still be in the dark ages with religion and burning people at stakes because they thought they were witches. I am talking about this new propaganda mainstream science that is controlled and not science at all. It has become more governmental controlled science and well this science has become a religion in itself.

The true science is independent scientists that don't take money from big corporations and governments. Which is almost impossible since it is very hard to make money as an independent scientist without the backing of these controllers of society. Their are some scientists out their but those good ones are than called quacks because it don't go along with what the controllers want. You see Neo everything is controlled from your education system to your sciences to your religions to the news that you get and the food that you eat. You literally are in the Matrix.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
I never said I didn't believe in science. Heck if it wasn't for science we would still be in the dark ages with religion and burning people at stakes because they thought they were witches. I am talking about this new propaganda mainstream science that is controlled and not science at all. It has become more governmental controlled science and well this science has become a religion in itself.

The true science is independent scientists that don't take money from big corporations and governments. Which is almost impossible since it is very hard to make money as an independent scientist without the backing of these controllers of society. Their are some scientists out their but those good ones are than called quacks because it don't go along with what the controllers want. You see Neo everything is controlled from your education system to your sciences to your religions to the news that you get and the food that you eat. You literally are in the Matrix.
Your tinfoil hat is on too tight. It's cutting off bloodflow.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
Well if you have nothing better to say than that I would say maybe the fluoride in your water you are drinking is toxic to your thought patterns. Not being able to think for yourself.
Right, of course. The great fluoride conspiracy. Along with the "chemtrail" conspiracy. The climate change "hoax". The HAARP weather weapons. The"directed energy" beam weapons used in the California wildfire conspiracy.

You're all about the conspiracy theories.

Reactions: JeetsN123
Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Job 38-22,23
22 Have you entered the storehouses of the snow,qOr have you seen the storehouses of the hail,r23 Which I have reserved for the time of distress,For the day of battle and war?s

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
It is not hard to imagine viruses as we know them to have been trapped at times of our past. The climate change of 12,000 years ago was so fast that things got buried in a day. But you can't help but ignore the more deadly ones being made in labs and ultimately being accidentally released.

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
The "science" is not science at all but made up convenient propaganda. The numbers were fudged or just ignored to fit the desired outcome. There is nothing more going on than the normal cycling of climate on the earth and other planets. You guys act like we live in a steady-state closed system instead of on a planet circling a sun, zooming throught the universe at incredible speeds and and interacting with all sorts of things we know nothing about. The human race is not smart enough to begin to understand climate activity on this or any other planet even though some members want you to believe they do.

Jan 17, 2020
Visit site
The "science" is not science at all but made up convenient propaganda. The numbers were fudged or just ignored to fit the desired outcome. There is nothing more going on than the normal cycling of climate on the earth and other planets. You guys act like we live in a steady-state closed system instead of on a planet circling a sun, zooming throught the universe at incredible speeds and and interacting with all sorts of things we know nothing about. The human race is not smart enough to begin to understand climate activity on this or any other planet even though some members want you to believe they do.
That is simply, completely, untrue.

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
I do not believe in climate change, the earths temperature naturally fluctuates. This is all just a fabrication of the liberal party; first it was global warming, then the earth started getting colder again, naturally as with the fluctuation of earths temperature, they changed it to climate change. They change it to work for them. Now you could argue there is no evidence or data to support this, few years ago, a volcano erupted in Russia ( I think I do not remember) and the observed carbon dioxide output was more than triple the theoretical carbon dioxide given off by human activities over the course of their existence.

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
If we will not believe climate change , please refer on our garden, inside our house such as sticky dust, kind of animal attitude or small insects between us and plants. Let's human eyes focus on those things. thanks

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
For every molecule of CO2 that volcanoes emit over the course of a year humans release 60 over a year. There has never been a volcano in recorded human history that has produced more CO2 than modern humans create in month, let alone a year, let alone 'all of human existence'. Of course, you don't remember the name, because it doesn't exist, and figments of imagination are easily forgotten.

Here's an article to set you straight, from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) one the leading government bodies studying global climate change, and employer of some of the world's preeminent climate scientists:

So, the scientific community is still undecided as to whether climate change is happening as a direct result of human activity, and even if it is, how much more carbon dioxide would need to be released to actually make any major negative effects. At the dawn of the Industrial Revolution, when humans started to use fossil fuels in force, global temperatures actually experienced a drop, cooling down significantly. This seems counterintuitive following the logic that global warming is mainly caused by human activity.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
Volcanoes contribute about 0.645 billion tons of carbon dioxide to the Earth's atmosphere per year. Human activity contributes about 29 billion tons per year. Those are facts. Based on facts like those, it would be reasonable to hypothesize that human activity has caused the carbon dioxide increase in Earth's atmosphere since 1750. In science, theories are derived from empirical evidence and hypotheses that can be tested. It is okay to believe that climate change is not due to human activity, but that belief runs counter to the facts, hypotheses, and theories upon which climate science is built. It sounds like your belief that climate change is not due human activity is based solely on opinions. For example, you talk about some fictitious "liberal party" and their beliefs. Climate change has to do with science, not politics. Regardless of any political opinions people may hold, climate change will continue to occur if we don't find more effective ways to reverse the amount of carbon being released into the atmosphere. Also, there is no evidence to support the idea that anyone started to refer to the phenomenon as "climate change" instead of "global warming" because the earth started getting colder again. The Earth is steadily warming and has not started getting colder again. So there is no logic to that argument at all. Both terms have been used for decades and refer to different physical phenomena. There simply is no "they" (liberal party or otherwise) who changed the terms for political purposes. Again, believe whatever you want, but just be aware that your beliefs are based on opinions (probably someone else's and not your own) rather th
Are you suggesting that nearly all of the world's scientists that study the climate are doing so because they were told by the "liberal" party? First of all, temperature and climate are not interchangeable words. There is ZERO evidence that climate change isn't occurring. Open your eyes. Please explain why you think the world's scientists are lying. Do you also think that the Earth is flat?
So, I agree with you and the posted article in as far as that climate change is happening, but I disagree with the notion that we need to immediately take action. There has not yet been sufficient evidence to directly correlate human activity with global warming, I mentioned in a previous post that the earth started to get colder right around the time the Industrial Revolution started, when humans started burning fossil fuels en masse.

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
I believe the earth is flat as well. But I see facts and see where I am wrong. It is undeniable that humans are influencing the climate and it is changing before our eyes. It is true that the earth has got its own cycles on a 10,000 or more years basis. The concern is more for the next generations and the world we will leave for them. I do not want my grandkids to live in a world where there are no birds, butterflies and polar bears.
That is simply, completely, untrue.
Then please enlighten me.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Oh gosh just what we need. Scientists and governments getting a hold of unknown viruses.:eek:
Sounds like what happens in Russia - Serbia recently where there is no winter, the ground thaws out, and anthrax arises that was buried in the dirt, maybe centuries ago. The animals that graze contract the disease. Reindeer, elk, and moose. Hunters kill for meat. You know what happens after that.

May 5, 2020
Visit site
I see lots of CO2 arguments. Kudos.

What about SO2 arguments? Or micro-particulate arguments? Both of those are also components of volcanic eruptions. Where do humans rank in those categories? (We've already done humans vs herbivores vs fermenting vegetation for methane.)