Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here, new answer to the Fermi paradox suggests

Those purported extraterrestrial aliens might be monitoring our electromagnetic TV and Radio signals. As a consequence, those aliens may have come to the conclusion that Evolution has by sheer random luck isolated Homo Sapiens in some backwater of the Milky Way Galaxy. ...... Sort of like a Zoo.

Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
The probable answer which is mentioned only obliquely here is that based on current physics nothing can go faster then light. That means that at best it takes 4 years at light speed to reach our closest neighbor star. No matter how advanced the civilization and there is no high probability of life on any given star system.. Then you start to need longer and longer lengths of time to reach us. If your counting on worm holes to speed the process,, dont hold your breath

Reactions: Edward
Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
A new paper claims that intelligent aliens would only be interested in contacting the most technologically advanced planets, and Earth doesn't make the cut.

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here, new answer to the Fermi paradox suggests : Read more
To travel to our solar system and the planet, the aliens would probably have to have some sort of vehicle able to exceed the speed of light by some multiple, have control of time (no dilation) and some form of gravity control (to stop the inhabitants being crushed in acceleration and stopping) . Since we have no idea what they would be using, we can't trace or track them, or importantly, contact them. And they can't notice us, however important we may think we are (even Donald Trump ;-)

Dec 12, 2019
Visit site
First off, due to the limits of free radiation in a vacuum, aliens on Proxima Centauri would still think that Trump was president and Russia hadn't invaded yet. Speed-of-Light data limitation.
Second, supposing that they are here and observing from orbit (say the daylight terminator where both outbound radio and visual observation is very limited) they would see that we have poisoned our climate with carbonic gasses as well as industrial pollutants. If so, they would probably be watching to see what we do about it (if we do anything about it, that is). Scientific Method would suppose that they would watch rather than involve themselves in what is a purely local (planetary local) problem.
Finally, assuming a possible "intent to invade and conquer" (the stuff and substance of most Sci-Fi stories) they would hold back because, honestly, "Is this planet and population WORTH conquering... or should we just wait and pick up the pieces later?"
Lots of reasons for them to watch but not get involved...that's the basic Scientific Method, after all.

Reactions: VIRGO55
Dec 15, 2022
Visit site
Doesn't really seem logical.

If there are so many technically advanced alien species in our area of the cosmos that we are irrelevant and uninteresting in comparison then why aren't we detecting any signs of their technology?

If there are so many civilizations out there the evidence of them should be relatively easy to detect. Maybe some could be so advanced that we would not recognize the evidence but there should be a full spectrum from the most highly advanced to the lowest.

There has to be other intelligent life but the argument described in the article seems unlikely to be accurate.

Reactions: VIRGO55
Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
Lol, they haven't contacted Earth? Someone needs to let the military know that the exponential increase in UAP encounters they're experiencing is imaginary, even if they do show up on our sensor platforms. Articles like this are why people ignore the science community.

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
ok, and then when they see useful the human sources and the earth properties, will come to take all ? there is a little detail: the human inteligence come from a superior intelligence believe or not. from God, for Jesus, the verb become man. don't belive ? ok wait for the revelations book be in your mind

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
We don't know what intelligent aliens look like, how they behave, or how they evade being discovered. As long as we have preconceived ideas what alien lifeforms are, we may walk right by them in broad daylight. Aliens who have our understanding of the universe and the technology how to travel through it, would never make it to our planet, just like we'll never make it to theirs. Once we acquire the ability to master space and time, we'll probably routinely run into civilizations on the same technical level.

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
Step back for a minute and read this based on the facts we have at hand... these are really religious texts - not much different than arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

As ScottC notes regarding Occam's razor - AS FAR AS WE KNOW, we are the only life in the entire universe. That's a fact jack.

Yes we can discuss statistics and huge numbers and a lot of other things but that doesn't change the fact. But the overpowering need to believe warps folks into acting as though these wishes and extrapolations are real. Religion in all but name.

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
For 300,000 years Homo Sapiens had a successful and intelligent culture which allowed them to become the ultimate invasive species, adapting to almost any circumstances or climate.

Over the last 10,000 years we have morphed into Homo Suicidal, using our best human and industrial resources to perfect enough conventional, biological and nuclear weapons to blast us all off the planet. And all aimed right back at ourselves.

Aliens looking at us now would conclude that it is too late to find an intelligent species on earth.

Apr 6, 2020
Visit site
Well if you talk to people that have no clue you will get the same answer. But if you talk to people of TRUTH that actually know the truth you will get the right and real answer.
That being they are here they always were. They are not here for any good reason - so why would they want to talk to us, But then again the truth about Tesla - not that he was a rocket scientist - because he was not, He dealt with an alien race and was Given 200 hundred inventions. 50 of the most deadly weapons on the planet. Oh they are helping destroying the human race. You want truth - real truth without the lies. Truth only. Tommy Hawksblood on YouTube . My UFO day is Tuesday.
Don't expect any truth from the Gov any time soon. The story tellers are only make things worse. I am for real- not a story teller , I am not doing my shows to make money. I Lectures for six years with Sargel18, who has now gone into hidden around the US and did a show with Karry Cassidy on line for 10 months.

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
I remember reading that our stray radio signals -- unfocused -- would be indistinguishable from the background radio noise that permeates the cosmos after 17 light years. So all we can say with any certainty is that there is no one, or no one who wishes to communicate within 17 lyr of us.

Tightly focused radio emissions like intentional ones as well as things like a tracking radar would go significantly farther but are highly unlikely to repeat. The "wow!" Signal looks like what an alien observer looking Earth's direction might see if an Aegis Destroyer were to light up his fire control radar at just the right moment. It's really too bad we couldn't have an instrument watching that part of the sky for like a decade to see if we can spot another stray emission. I do understand that radio telescope time is far too valuable and more productively spent elsewhere.

Another point about our radio emissions as well as those of any other species. Our stray emissions peaked in the late 90's to early 00's. With the transition to digital signals transmitter power has decreased dramatically since then and along with it any stray signals escaping to the cosmos. Assuming everyone follows the same curve there would only be a brief period where we could detect anyone at the 17 lyr distance. Afterward they would have to be progressively closer for us to have a shot unless they send an intentional signal or some focused beam is fired off at just the right point and time.

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
ok, and then when they see useful the human sources and the earth properties, will come to take all ? there is a little detail: the human inteligence come from a superior intelligence believe or not. from God, for Jesus, the verb become man. don't belive ? ok wait for the revelations book be in your mind

Not to burst your bubble but there is no reason for them to make the journey here for resources. Anything on this planet or in this solar system can be found in abundance between us and them. The cosmos is littered with the stuff.

Your superstitious beliefs are entirely irrelevant to matter being discussed.

To be clear your recommending we take seriously a bunch of gibberish written by proto humans who among other things:

• Pooped themselves to death before age 35 and blamed evil spirits.
  • Didn't know what happened to the Sun at night time.
  • Thought a woman reading would prevent crops from growing.
  • Believed that nailing each other to wood was just hunky dory.

We would be better off as a species if everyone put down the gibberywick, bad Sci Fi, and picked up science journal.

Apr 6, 2020
Visit site
One they did get radio signals last year. Two- I was next to a ship at six and near an alien at 12. I was dealing with abductees in the late 60's that could prove their child was taken. From 1996 to 2002 Sargel18 and I have shot more pictures of ships then anyone else inside the US while we lectured around the US for Global sciences . Yes people will always play dumb about UFO and aliens because it would break up their little programmed ideas. I posted pictures on a show we did on Kerry Cassidy channel for almost a year as well - two years ago. But if you thing the Gov can come out with the truth- you are sadly mistaken.
All the pictures we shot were copy write. Now be hidden because Sargel18 is in hiding now. His new name LORD SARGEL ????? Think the Gov gave him a lot of money. Everything we did that was online was removed the beginning of this year. Well I had 16 friends in the UFO word that are now gone. My good friends whole family is gone as well. Funny when we went around the US people really did not care. Yes there were conferences but only by Global Sciences for about six years until the person that ran them died. Also one person was usually coming to them every year. I have the actual letter sent to us warning us about disclosure.
I do show every Tuesday at 11 am CA time. I have a co-host in England that has been an abductee most of her life. It is on YouTube friend me there under Tommy Hawksblood

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
hello, i want to give my thoughts about this article. If there is some "intelligent life" somewhere, there is a
thing called curiousity. I do not agree with the "no interrest in lower intelligence" If there is some intelligent extraterrestial lifeform , they surely would be interrested in other beings, in any lifeform. Just from the standpoint of exploring beyond their own itself.
But we do not know and have no prove there is other life somewhere. I do think and believe there is some out there, but in what form is just guessing as the whole thing is.
In contradiction; maybe just WE are only those "aliens" after all. Searching after or own and place in this "existence" or property of being.
Then if there is more then us Earth life, our Milkyway is such a large galaxy, with billions of stars and planets, impossible to go across even with lightspeed travel in 100 years.
If what is known and believed by space science, there are many billions of galaxies, go figure. No spacecraft would cross our own galaxy at reasonable time for traveling. "You would have to believe in wormholes"
Aliëns do not exist for now, just assumptions and believing like i have, but are not here and did not visit anyway antime no way is my opinion on this

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
The probable answer which is mentioned only obliquely here is that based on current physics nothing can go faster then light. That means that at best it takes 4 years at light speed to reach our closest neighbor star. No matter how advanced the civilization and there is no high probability of life on any given star system.. Then you start to need longer and longer lengths of time to reach us. If your counting on worm holes to speed the process,, dont hold your breath

I think it's pretty hard to anticipate what an extremely advanced Extraterrestrial civilization would be able to do. Extremely advanced as in hundreds of million years ahead of us, maybe more. They could be living as energy right into the fabric of spacetime itself; they would be everywhere all at once. Dark matter and dark energy could be their hiding place; they could be all around us and we wouldn't know it.
The universe is a very big place, and very old; the future holds many wonderful discoveries, if we can live long enough as a species to see it.

Life is un-natural. And we can detect a far distance and have only found natural signs. The same natural signs thru-out this universe. Which contain no life signs. The signs not only cover a large region, they cover a large amount of time. And not one life sign. Except for here. Why is this ignored? Why is this denied? Why is this impossible for so many........to be true? What exactly is the fear of this fact?

Dec 18, 2022
Visit site
A new paper claims that intelligent aliens would only be interested in contacting the most technologically advanced planets, and Earth doesn't make the cut.

Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here, new answer to the Fermi paradox suggests : Read more
Haha how ignorant! How stupid and making assumptions using theory thats so young compared to civilizations that are likely, more probably than not, billions of years old. To think that these entities would be seen as the equivalent to God in our eyes would be an understatement. Presume they have had a 1000 year head start from this level of devolution or trend toward complexity, you would not have a faint clue how or what or why. So why make stupid statements. Oh, I forgot, to keep us dumb. Besides this I have witnessed craft 20 years back, that defied all known laws of airlift and g force. I never saw what or who controlled the crafts but they were multiple and seen often. To close your eyes to the impending doom we face when they rock up and destroy 4/5ths of our worlds population in a fast and appalling display of cool calculated military efficiency while Pappa Joe Biden...talks about CORN POP AND WRAPPING A CHAIN ROUND THE HEAD OF SOME DUDE IN THE BOARD! I am against that things are this way, it is clear we are screwed. Please someone stand up, switch off these elites and run things with honour and a soft word yet sharpen the cudgel and carry a few.

Dec 4, 2019
Visit site
Aside from the smart-ass replies, which detract from the discussion unless you came to this site for poor quality humour, many responders assume that, given enough time, earthlings will discover how to do science fiction. The three main items would be faster-than-light travel (ftl), suspended animation (stasis if you like) and anti-gravity.

Even as a Scientist/Engineer I can see no reason to assume that this science will eventually be discovered and therefore that ftl travel even exists as a possibility. Even light speed, or near it, is not possible with known science let alone ftl travel. Without ftl travel the universe is essentially mostly closed to us. Just wanting ftl travel to be so, does not make it eventually possible. Dream on.

Sure, near light speed is at least theoretically possible, if you have enough thrust for long enough, but nothing we have discovered, not even the ultimate, matter/antimatter reaction, can provide enough energy for near light speed travel. Converting energy to thrust is not easy either and the only known way of providing thrust is to fling out matter, "for every reaction" etc. . Ions are matter too. We can not carry enough mass for that, even if we had unlimited energy, since it then requires unlimited thrust-mass.

I would love that we could do the Star Trek thing, but even with massive telescopes we can not examine the universe or even our near galaxy closely enough to determine which planets, might be life sustaining. I'm afraid we are stuck here, but don't stop trying. If the flying saucers really are here, then maybe that gives us enough evidence to think that the physics exists to visit other star systems.

Last edited:

Latest posts