Why Languages Are Still Primitive

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
I only know English. I do not know more than a few words in any other language. But I see no basic difference between any of them. Only that certain phonetic sounds are used by some languages and not by others. And also that different sounding words are attached to the same meaning. For instance, “she” and “elle” have the same meaning in their respective languages. As for the sentence structures of each language, my guess is that they both vary from each other and yet are similar. But basically languages are the same everywhere.

And inherent in language are people’s viewpoint of the world. And people’s viewpoint is reality made simple, so that we can deal with the world. In our minds, we change reality into black and white, right and wrong, good and evil, yes and no, etc. There are no maybes in our view unless we are at a loss to resolve the problem facing us. And we do not like that at all. So we blind ourselves.

Yet, reality is not like that. Nor are people like that. They are not black and white, but instead of color. Just like rainbows are not black and white. Just like the true nature of reality.

It is good that we created a language that transformed reality into black and white. By simplifying, we were able to grow to a higher level. But now is the time to take off our sunglasses and view nature as it really is. And to start, we need a new language. One that does not have a Yes or No connotation attached to nearly every word. A language that uses logic, not emotions. A language that speaks to the rational Adult in each of us, not to the subconscious Child.

No, this new language should not replace our spoken languages. The Child in each of us needs a voice. But we also need a new language for formal written debates. So that we can rationally argue and then decide what to do … with ourselves and others, as in the environment. Without appealing to the Child in each of us. The Adult in us already understands our Prime Motivation of life. And that is to live. “How” should be decided upon by the Adult, not the Child. The Child has already given us the answer to the main question. And it can do no more other than lead us astray with fears, greed, etc. Things that it does and thinks but does not understand.

Meanwhile, the reality is that fear is sometimes good, sometimes bad. Fear is caution while too much fear is panic.

Also, greed is good. Greed is how we protect ourselves, by having things around us that helps us to survive. But too much greed is bad for the others, like the environment. Too much greed will shoo away the others. And the human race cannot live alone. We need the Universe and others, like our environment.

The Child cannot see this. The Child thinks by association. Good/bad. That’s it. Reasoning beyond this requires the Adult. Only the Adult can see the rainbows in life. Only the Adult can see that prejudism can be good or bad, depending on other things. Only the Adult can reason when prejudism is good and when it is bad.

For example, take a serial killer. When they murder, that is clearly evil. Clearly bad. But will they murder in the future? Some people can change their ways. Some people cannot. The key issue is whether or not they will kill in the future. And they may even be able to spend the rest of their lives working to make restitution to their victims via the family and society. They may be able to work to repay a small part of their heinous crime. A small amount to be sure, because murder means death. Nothing in life can pay for death.

However, the simple black and white or practical answer is don’t bother with it. Just kill the criminal. After all, he took lives, so we can take his. Simple solution. And the rest of us can get on with living.

But imagine if human society became so prosperous that we could afford to be generous? Even with the most criminal of all criminals? Imagine if we are prosperous in that we can create immortality. Prosperous in that we can clone a physical duplicate from the remains of the victim. Prosperous in that we can store people’s memories, personality, mind, and consciousness within a computer and bring it back into the clone, which will live forever?

With great prosperity, we can afford to be more generous, even to our enemies. Even to the enemies of the human race. As long as they do not continue to be enemies.

Yes, this is stretching the imaginations of everyone who reads this, but the prehistoric cavemen who invented fire and the wheel couldn’t have imagined today’s society with automobiles and factories, much less the Internet. Maybe they could imagine farms and ranches, but that’s it. That much would be stretching their imagination.

And imaginations may or may not come true. The percentages of it becoming true are tiny. There is only one reality compared to a near infinite amount of imaginations. But trust me, it could happen, because something will happen. It is our future destiny that something will happen. It is called the future. And while we may not even be in it, I am confident the Universe would go on without us. At least for some long time. The chances of something happening are not zero. There is a future. Just like we were given the gift of life, the Universe has been given a gift of the future. I just hope humans are around to see at least most of that future. Excuse me, not see, “live”. Words! Yech!

Coming back to my point, we need a language oriented towards objectivity. One whereby connotations are absent. Perhaps along with other things. Perhaps including other things. Anyway, a better and more perfect means of communicating Adult to Adult.

Suggestions, anyone?

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
Well, here is one suggestion. Use Artificial Intelligence to monitor and police anyone writing a comment so that their comments follow the rules put forth for the new language. AI makes for good referees because they are 100% impartial (unless programmed by a cheater). Plus, the work of monitoring everyone is quite tedious, but not for a computer program. Finally, AI is available 24/7 to help anyone with writing correctly in the new language. All we need is a new language for AI to monitor. Or at least rules that AI can understand.

Jun 12, 2023
Visit site
Consider the following two words - faithful and stubborn. One is positive and one is negative. That is one facet of their meanings. But the other facet is the same. The stick-to-it-iveness of an idea.

Ta