What does python taste like? Because it could be slithering onto our dinner plates.

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
According to a recent Swamp People: Serpent Invasion episode, where a Florida python hunter tried to enthuse a US professional cook to offer meals based on python meat on her menu, at least adult specimens have incredibly tough and chewy meat that did not lend itself well to the restaurant industry - especially not for fast food consumption... But maybe the chefs over in Asia have learned the secrets behind tenderizing python filets?

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
I had a Python stew in Borneo. It was when visiting a village with a missionary pilot. The meat wasn't tough and tasted fine. There was a lot of garlic used in the stew, but that is about all I can tell you. They showed me the python skin and head that was preserved in the freezer, and I asked where they caught it. I was told that it came into their house. We also had barbequed bush hog, but I thought the python was more tender.

Mar 13, 2024
Visit site
I've often said the solution to the python problem in Florida was to set up BBQ python food trucks all over the state of Florida and and hand out coupons to the people who are going hungry. I don't know about their meat, but fried rattlesnake is good, ask any west Texan.

Reactions: Rocco Capone
Jun 19, 2023
Visit site
I had a Python stew in Borneo. It was when visiting a village with a missionary pilot. The meat wasn't tough and tasted fine. There was a lot of garlic used in the stew, but that is about all I can tell you. They showed me the python skin and head that was preserved in the freezer, and I asked where they caught it. I was told that it came into their house. We also had barbequed bush hog, but I thought the python was more tender.
Did he score any converts?