Underwater Santorini volcano eruption 520,000 years ago was 15 times bigger than record-breaking Tonga eruption

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
A 500-foot-thick layer of pumice rock on the Mediterranean seabed indicates Santorini volcano ejected 15 times more material than Hunga-Tonga during a previously unknown eruption.

Underwater Santorini volcano eruption 520,000 years ago was 15 times bigger than record-breaking Tonga eruption : Read more
The discoveries lately, seamounts of ancient volcanos numbering in the hundreds and more, are a stark reminder that volcanos themselves, without any help from other sources, can determine the earth's destiny.
Look no further for a sure extinction event. There must be enough magmatic material to easily cover the planet with a mile thick layer.
Every continent hosts a super-volcano presence. The possibility of cataclysm from a cosmic impact of considerable magnitude could wake up numerous volcanic vents. Our finale is sleeping currently.

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Exactly how would such a super volcanic eruption destroy things? And what would it destroy? The entire planet Earth? Or just all life on Earth while Earth remained intact? Or would the threat be even less than that? Maybe one continent destroyed and the rest in a state of emergency crisis? Or maybe even less than that? Exactly how much destruction are we talking about, Giovani?

If you wish to think the worst and to exaggerate the danger, well, I want something much more accurate than a nay-sayer’s word. The only thing I can agree upon is the conclusion that a super volcanic eruption is possible and that an even bigger one is possible. But given the age of the Earth, it is highly improbable that it will occur in my lifetime. As for the human race, I strongly suggest space colonization as an insurance against any such planetoid catastrophe.

Life is fragile and so there will always be threats to life. Even if we colonize our entire Milky Way galaxy, there might still be galaxy threatening dangers. The only thing that life can do to survive is to keep trying. And negativism from doomsayers kills our hopes and may stop some of us from even trying. Why live in such a negative world?
My gosh, do you engage in any critical thinking? Space colonization as insurance? Of course, anyone espousing "exaggerations" concerning new findings and actual conditions necessary for exactly what I've described is a fearmonger.
"Negative world"? You said it. I don't know where you are coming from, but the negativism is originating with yourself.
Any original thoughts and topics originating from your life narrative? I mean without your small comfort zone, which hampers any worthwhile theories?

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Space colonization as insurance for the human race, not for the people living on that world. It would be sad for people to die, but world ending catastrophes are world ending. Hopefully the human race can still live on.

Change that misunderstanding of yours and would you still say that I am negative, devoid of critical thinking, have a small comfort zone, or anything else? If so, then we’ll get into it.

By the way, I do like your use of the word “fearmonger”. Finding the right word is such a difficult thing for me. Needs creativity and other kinds of thinking. So much easier is solving a math equation. Simple straightforward thinking.
The superficial reasoning you use is a common obstacle to moving out of your comfort zone.
I see it all the time. The pie in the sky topics is a Musk original, such as inhabiting another planet for "insurance". Daydreams.
Keep studying and adding to your awareness.
I talk of realities quite possible. I'm not concerned at all, nor do I expect people to be alarmed at my comments.
Happy Thursday!

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Are you saying that you do not believe that space colonization is someday possible for the human race? Not today, yes, and not in the near future, but if we can get past current crisis, survive into the future generations from now, and continue our work on exploring outer space, then I see the attempt at space colonization as inevitable. True, if we find it to be impossible to terraform a planet or that there are no planets anywhere that can sustain an atmosphere or human life, then you might be right. But we won’t know that until after we try. And in the meantime, to say no it can’t be done, we are just dreaming, no sense trying, well, isn’t that a bit pessimistic?

I am in favor of caution, which is a good thing, but too much of a good thing can become a bad thing. Giving up before you even start to try, that is too much caution. I understand too much optimism can lead to trouble, but too much pessimism means suicide. And I think you had better look at how pessimistic you are.

As for the Elon Musk comment, I see that as a sort of namecalling tactic. You are trying to associate me with Musk. How about I associate you with someone negative? No, I’d rather just come out straightforward on this. Not do transparent ploys like you.

As for today’s reality, what we need today is a way of getting to the point faster. Like how mathematical equations do. Mathematics were able to resolve arguments quickly and conclusively between the scholars of the past. But only for such scientific fields like physics. Unfortunately all we still have today are primitive languages. And with these languages, ploys such as yours, namecalling, double talk, etc. cloud the issue so that no one can see the answers anymore. We need a language much more logical, clear, and to the point. That way we can communicate with each other far more effectively than we do today.

And if you think I am wrong in this, just look closely at any debate in these threads. So much trash on the loose.

For example, you accused me of having superficial reasoning. Prove it. If you are unable to justify your words with logical proof, then you are just namecalling.
I don't have to name call. The popular culture of accepted narratives, such as ever inhabiting outer planets, is the most familiar human trait of what to hope for, and absent of any posits or further deeper examinations, I can generally understand the person's view.
How could I judge you? I'm not mean, but confrontative due to what I've learned. Musk is for example, a very smart man who apparently believes in his endeavors. His exploratory information is voluminous and impressive. The amazing technological feats seemingly many years before their time, with the emphasis on constructing a spaceship to Mars, unparalleled.
Tesla is a means to fund this massive undertaking. Musk must know something most of us don't.
Musk is more than has been revealed. His predictions and brain implants are a clue to the big picture.
So good to have you as a sounding board. No time for name calling. Have a good day.

Latest posts