Stolen remains of Aboriginal people and Tasmanian tigers traced to grave-robbing Victorian naturalist

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Morton Allport earned his scientific reputation by grave robbing human remains and killing soon-to-be-extinct Tasmanian tigers before shipping them to Europe.

Stolen remains of Aboriginal people and Tasmanian tigers traced to grave-robbing Victorian naturalist : Read more
This Morton Allport sums up my disgust for a type of monster, and it doesn't matter the era.
I'm saddened by this article.
Wasn't anyone suspicious of this killer? Even then there was no excuse for the craven actions of a despot, with money he attained from killing our natural treasures.

Nov 30, 2023
Visit site
This sickens and saddens me to think that some people in their quest to prove distorted theories of racial superiority had to resort to genocide, torture and what essentially boils down to greed. They made money off the backs of darker skinned people and treated them as inhuman. These same arguments were used by our forefathers to condone and expand slavery in the USA and France. Napoleon Bonaparte praised his black soldiers on one hand, including Alex Dumas, the father of the famous author who wrote The Three Muskateers and on the other hand refused to offer him the same privileges as his white soldiers. Not even Josephine could get him to change his mind. Shameful!