Stephen Hawking's famous black hole paradox may finally have a solution

Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
So ideally the scientists can figure out what I burned in my wooden stove just by the heat it emittes?
Ideally, yes. The concept applies to literally every process described by physics. It is called unitarity and is equivalent to conservation of information. To understand the concept look up what is called Laplace's demon, a classic thought experiment illustrating the idea

Reactions: Debed
Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
Why would you write this article about how they discovered the exact physical process by which the information escapes black holes and not describe it? You mention they used quantum gravity, as if figuring out quantum gravity hasn't been the main focus of theoretical physics for decades ever since Hawking discovered the problem... Like you actually have a physics degree and you thought writing an article that essentially says quantum gravity did it is meaningful?

Reactions: Debed and danr2222
Jul 12, 2020
Visit site
Why would you write this article about how they discovered the exact physical process by which the information escapes black holes and not describe it? You mention they used quantum gravity, as if figuring out quantum gravity hasn't been the main focus of theoretical physics for decades ever since Hawking discovered the problem... Like you actually have a physics degree and you thought writing an article that essentially says quantum gravity did it is meaningful?
"Give me a long enough string-theory and a quantum gravity to put it, and I could move a Black Hole." --Elmer Q. Nimbulatus, top-notch theoretical physicist, Institute of Advanced Parametric Brane Metaphysicausology.

Apr 8, 2023
Visit site
"According to Hawking's work, radiation slowly “leaks” out of black holes in the form of thermal energy, which has come to be known as “Hawking radiation.” But because of its thermal nature, this radiation can’t carry information."
Maybe I misunderstood Hawking radiation and the information paradox it causes, but my understanding is that Hawking radiation is NOT thermal and because of this doesn't carry information while, if the radiation infact would be thermal, the paradox wouldn't exist because thermal radiation does contain information.

Latest posts