Photons Must Have a Token Mass.

Page 2 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Jan 15, 2024
Visit site
Regardless of the rectitude of your statement, this got me to thinking about the topic of how it is that a photon goes from having little mass to having full mass as an electron once again during a photoelectric conversion process. I just published something to explain this, which complements another recent publication of mine on the topic of how electrons are converted into photons and what causes them to shed their mass.

I have concluded that charge and mass are restored through two separate processes and that the shedding of mass is linked to the emission of discrete magnetism. I would therefore submit that photons have variable mass depending upon factors like distance traveled.

To measure mass in a photon, it would not only need to be trapped, but it would need to be trapped in such a way that it is permitted to continue moving in a circular fashion within a large scale trap as motion is in the nature of a photon. As I stated in the previous post, Coulomb Force Lines of known strength and proximity could be used to nudge the photon in this specialized trap toward excitons, which would drain varying levels of current from the photons depending upon proximity. The rate at which a CFL will nudge something like a photon into a wider orbit in such a trap would be dictated by the inertia of the photon, which would be determined by its mass. In such a scheme, a CFL would have a uniform effect on photons according to charge in terms of the extent to which orbit is influenced, but the rate at which that orbit is altered would have to be dictated by inertia which, as I said, can be used as a proxy for identifying mass.

Importantly, you would need to keep the photons in a vacuum and away from any protons which would generate a Higgs Field that would have the effect of restoring mass to the photon and turning it either into an electron or into a heavy photon somewhere between the mass of an electron and the mass of a photon.

I think that if we performed this experiment, we would find that the mass is quite low, indeed, but varies within a range depending upon the energy level and flight time of a photon. I would predict that high-energy photons would have less mass than low-energy ones and I would, furthermore, predict that the greater the distance traveled, the further mass is reduced.
Photons have no mass, if they did the Earth would grow every day from bombardment by the Sun, and shining a flashlight would make a wall or ceiling too heavy to support itself.