James Webb telescope finds origins of the biggest explosion since the Big Bang — revealing a new cosmological mystery

Mar 20, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. My understanding thus far is that the heavier metals are produced from the collision of two heavy objects with high energy, such as the impact of two neuron stars. I recall that was witnessed as producing gold in at least one observation.

Unless the supernova occurs in a star with so much mass that when it collapses, the energy of the collapse is commensurate to the high velocity impact of two neutron stars, then I could see it being limited to only releasing the elements up to iron that were already contained within the star.

Perhaps the reason it was so bright is that the energy required to produce those heavier elements instead was released as EM spectra. You can't have both, so to speak, because the finite energy can only do work (produce heavier elements) or be released (shine brightly).

Apr 13, 2024
Visit site
NASA should be moved to the Department of Defense and only projects of direct benefit to the military should be funded. Any other “exploration” or science projects should be pursued by companies funded solely by the private donations of hobbyists or other interested parties.

Apr 13, 2024
Visit site
Omitting the word "theory" after Big Bang, does not negate the reality that it is still, in fact, just a theory and NOT fact. I know science exists, but so does God and He created all these things humans call science. And if people choose not to believe that fact, that's o.k. too, but at least remember not to push the "theory" as fact also, since it can't be proven, nor has it been proven in all these years either.