From Jesus' Time: The 10 Most Interesting Biblical Discoveries of 2019

Page 2 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Dec 31, 2019
Visit site
Why do you repeatedly use the term "miracle"? I don't see any miracles here. It is insulting to repeatedly claim miracles on a supposedly science-focused blog. BTW, you should not use BC/AD either, if you are being scientific.
The term is used throughout scripture and is shorthand for "phenomenon not easily explained by the laws of physics or nature". You are, of course, free to reject the connotations associated with the word; but using it makes it easier for lay people to read the article. I suggest you read scholarly articles if you wish to avoid lay terms or have them carefully defined.

Reactions: Dr Wayne Korras

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
Hey folks,

Don't use these forums to attack each other's beliefs. Our forum rules are very clear on these issues. Feel free to discuss specific elements of the original article, but throwing insults at other users is expressly forbidden.

Jan 6, 2020
Visit site
The writer of this article repeatedly describes a Biblical account as a "tale." The writer's job is to present information without bias. If it is a tale instead of an account, give the evidence for that interpretation. Otherwise it is just the writer's opinion and should be presented as an opinion article.

The writer of this article repeatedly describes a Biblical account as a "tale." The writer's job is to present information without bias. If it is a tale instead of an account, give the evidence for that interpretation. Otherwise it is just the writer's opinion and should be presented as an opinion article.

What should she have called it? A story? That's what they are stories and tales. You have the choice to believe the stories and tales or not. What would you call the accounts in the Book of the Dead or the Quaran? Or what about the Enuma Elish?

Yea I think religion and science don't go to well together. So let us combine the two.:D
View attachment 49
Religion is no more than political governance of the common people. Clarification of my statement can be explained by a cursory look at the (Gala) Priests of the ancient Sumerians around 3000 BC in ancient Mesopotamia. The foundations for the KJV came from Jewish mysticism around give or take 560 BC. Religion in any form is a Dead Man's Hand. Religions play on the weakness of man absolving their responsibilities to themselves,makes them second guess themselves, they quit believing in themselves.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Religion is no more than political governance of the common people. Clarification of my statement can be explained by a cursory look at the (Gala) Priests of the ancient Sumerians around 3000 BC in ancient Mesopotamia. The foundations for the KJV came from Jewish mysticism around give or take 560 BC. Religion in any form is a Dead Man's Hand. Religions play on the weakness of man absolving their responsibilities to themselves,makes them second guess themselves, they quit believing in themselves.

Yes and they put all belief in this outside force which may or may not exist.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Why does the author's use of miracle have to be limited to the usual definition which refers to God? Maybe the author is a forward-thinker and doesn't confine themself to the primary/usual definition of the word. Do y'all really stop reading the definition of a word after #1? Not exactly authors are you? Personally I believe the birth of a baby is a miracle, not because I confine myself to one interpretation of miracle (we all know what produces a baby) but because the process of birth itself and the result of it give me wonder and I marvel at the strength of the mother. Pain management or not, giving birth surpasses mundane events in ordinary life. Existential arguments aside, step outside your tiny boxes.

Thank you, I'm glad someone can explain what I so wanted to say. You said every word 10x better than I ever could

Mar 2, 2020
Visit site
Having cultivated in themselves the absurd belief that they possessed all knowledge, the self-important slangwhangers inevitably morphed into ninnyhammers.

Mar 2, 2020
Visit site
I found myself confusterated by the quacksalvers commenting as if they had obtained all knowledge. Relying on a classic, as opposed to my poor attempt at creating a unique witticism, I lean on the following: “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.”

Yes

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
Enough propaganda, guys, your exhausting : "paratroopers with the Israel Defense Forces discovered evidence of the fortifications of their forefathers"...