Florida alligator weighing over 900 pounds could have been 90 years old when caught

Sep 12, 2023
Visit site
thats sickening, how does one feel pride in killing of anything? big game hunting is BS
Agree it is a shame, to survive 90 ish years and have these nitwits kill it for sport. If it was attacking their pet or a person then killing may be justified. Guy acts like he killed it with only a knife, big deal, you shot it from a safe distance, your the man?

Reactions: realdeal88 and SeaK
Sep 12, 2023
Visit site
Agree it is a shame, to survive 90 ish years and have these nitwits kill it for sport. If it was attacking their pet or a person then killing may be justified. Guy acts like he killed it with only a knife, big deal, you shot it from a safe distance, your the man?
Here's the number of the man who is responsible Capt Kevin Brotz 4074483635
I agree with every comment I felt like this was no difference from a blk person hanging from a tree and all the white ppl standing around cheering them on mother nature will have its last laugh if it's not native Americans they killing and stripping them of there land its the animals just sad

Feb 1, 2023
Visit site
Sadly, it's VERY obvious that most who dislike removing the giant from the ecosystem know nothing about the effect it could have on other animal, bird and fish populations!! Hunting has a scientific reason!!
Also, from the article, I'm very certain that this gator was killed BEFORE it was hauled aboard the boat!!

Sep 12, 2023
Visit site
Sadly, it's VERY obvious that most who dislike removing the giant from the ecosystem know nothing about the effect it could have on other animal, bird and fish populations!! Hunting has a scientific reason!!
Also, from the article, I'm very certain that this gator was killed BEFORE it was hauled aboard the boat!!
Seems the eco system was fine for 90 years with him, but ya you go ahead and claim your scientific reasons for killing a 90 year old gator that was minding his own buisness and I guess you felt you had to tell everyone the obvious that the gator was killed pryer to being on the boat, if the gator had gotten on the boat then the killing may be justifiable but as the article said they saw it as it swam away...no, no scientific reasons just pure idiocy in the killing this animal

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2023
Visit site
The enormous alligator was over 13 feet long and weighed 920 pounds — the second heaviest ever to be caught in Florida.

Florida alligator weighing over 900 pounds could have been 90 years old when caught : Read more
How sad and senseless...
90 yrs old and the article says swimming away from them...
Obviously not a nuisance gator... There was no need to kill this gator. I live in Florida you only need to worry about nuisance gators that are aggressive ... Clearly he's avoided man for 90yrs and was swimming away from you... just pathetic. People suck!

Reactions: S. Foote
Sep 16, 2023
Visit site
I am so saddened by the unnecessary death of this old timer that clearly was not behaving aggressively or being a nuisance. In fact it appears he was calmly swimming away to avoid the close proximity of people.
I understand the need to limit the gator population to minimize interaction between Gators and people and to exterminate Gators that have lost their fear of humans due to being fed by ignorant people.
There's no telling what history that ole Gator has witnessed and survived through in his lifetime. Such a shame that wasn't respected.

Sep 18, 2023
Visit site
For the whiners crying about the huge alligator killed. It wasn't "hunting". It is known as "culling". Every year, there is an official cull to keep the gator population in check. I am 72, lived in Florida my entire life. Sharon Holmes was eaten by a gator when she was 16 at Oscar Scherer Park. A PARK! One does not investigate the gator before culling. They see, they kill. and only as many as they have a permit for. Usually 2. They also have a python cull in the glades, and that one is controlled as well. Recently 2 older people were killed by gators because they were unintentionally "fishing" for gators by walking their dogs on a leash next to a body of water. Gators are anywhere there is water.
You people ignorant about what is goin on remind me of Dan Akroyd responding to Jane Curtain, on SNL years ago, when she said stupid stuff...his reply was " Jane, you ignorant sl-t!" We absolutely MUST cull gators. And we can't eradicate these pythons ( who eat all the deer, raccoons, squirrels, big birds, and well everything...even small gators.) but we can try to control the population. Then we have the damned iguanas as well. Fire ants. And now we have Bill Gates releasing mosquitoes in Florida, and NOW... we have cases of MALARIA here! Very seldom do these people doing the hard work of culling the gators have a gator act aggressively. They aren't looking for any type of gator....just a gator. Kill it, fill your tag out, go home. And don't dare get caught with a gator in your possession with it being tagged.
Grow up.