Brightest gamma-ray explosion of all time scrambled Earth's upper atmosphere

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Dubbed the "brightest of all time," or the BOAT, a gamma-ray burst detected in 2022 continues to astound astronomers, revealing severe effects in Earth's atmosphere.

Brightest gamma-ray explosion of all time scrambled Earth's upper atmosphere : Read more
2 billion light years this gamma traveled to earth. Incredible. It also concludes the suspicion of an event far closer to home at any time.
In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Humans I compare to an infant crawling across a freeway. I guess luck as well as anything, finds us still here.
All the knowledge and civilization mean nothing following a burst far closer. Time is short, I believe.

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
What impact did/could gamma rays have on the space station and people on it?
A spectacular CME would eliminate adequate protection outside earth's atmosphere. There is only so much we can do to shield astronauts.
It's the intensity that's crucial. The normalcy we have taken advantage of can be shattered at any time. If anything, this long period of quiet is abnormal considering the history of calamity which has befallen earth.
Gamma is king, an anti-life particle common universe wide. Space is death, let's be real. The daydreams of traveling to mars will dissipate upon realizing the enormous precautions required to span the heavens. People said back in the day that humans weren't meant to fly; however, space travel is by many degrees more dangerous and in my opinion, not meant for humans. AI would fit the bill, but not flesh and blood.