NASA's downed Ingenuity helicopter has a 'last gift' for humanity — but we'll have to go to Mars to get it

Apr 18, 2024
Visit site
What can a person say but "Mars Awaits." In a lot of ways I envy the young people. They will witness interactive androids, colonization of Luna and Mars, advances in Artificial Intelligence, Digital Sentience, and Inorganic Cognition.

Apr 18, 2024
Visit site
Is it just me who compares losing Ingenuity to losing a pet, or even a small child? I was genuinely sad when I heard about it. Too bad Perseverance can’t go collect it and carry it around like it did before it was deployed, just to keep it from dying alone. 😢

NASA's stranded Ingenuity Mars Helicopter has beamed back its final signal to Earth from the Red Planet, which included a farewell message for mission scientists. It will continue collecting data on Mars until it dies but will not transmit this data to Earth.

NASA's downed Ingenuity helicopter has a 'last gift' for humanity — but we'll have to go to Mars to get it : Read more
How do you guys live with yourself with the lies that you tell flat Earth has been proved and before the 1950s when everyone started taking all the encyclopedias and maps and original books it proved that even our compasses are backwards you guys literally get funding from the taxpayers hide and lie to us and we all know that the space quote unquote expose you guys do is literally filmed in a huge pool with your strings in your bubbles and it's so obvious and you guys continue to perpetuate lies even though the astronauts and the directors and the painters the artist who created these scenes have come out telling the truth how do you live with yourself lying to humanity you don't love God clearly but don't worry all your lies literally have been being exposed the past 4 or 5 years so I've known about this since 2012 when Obama caused the recession in our economy you guys are a joke

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
In a lot of ways I envy the young people. They will witness interactive androids, colonization of Luna and Mars, advances in Artificial Intelligence, Digital Sentience, and Inorganic Cognition.
Or they may witness the untimely end of fossil sunlight and the resulting death of half (or more) of the population, through resource wars, lack of food, and despair — or they may wind up getting fried by the carbon our generation has dumped into the atmosphere.

I don't have a perfect crystal ball, but I think the latter is more likely. We've painted ourselves into a techno-energy corner.

That was a poignant last routine.

How do you guys live with yourself with the lies that you tell flat Earth has been proved
I'm not sure I understand your rant, if it is meant to be understood. But we don't "prove" facts, we test them. And e.g. the arrival of Ingenuity to Mars tests that current astronomy is correct (if the opposite was what you wanted to claim).

Or they may witness the untimely end of fossil sunlight and the resulting death of half (or more) of the population, through resource wars, lack of food, and despair — or they may wind up getting fried by the carbon our generation has dumped into the atmosphere.
I'm not sure I understand this either, what is "fossil sunlight" - starlight from systems years away? Or do you mean fossil carbon, such as kerogens from fossilized plants?

New projections is that it will cost 6 times more to combat climate change in 2050 than doing it today, so up from about 1 % of global BNP to 6 %. Stupid and, yes, dumping unnecessary costs on children and grandchildren, but hardly "frying" or resource wars. Especially since the global population is projected to decline a generation after (starting in 2080 in the latest projections).

There environment decline will lead to a lot more migration and that usually leads to wars though. The losses also includes contribution to the Holocene mass extinction.
Overall, the Holocene extinction can be linked to the human impact on the environment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
New projections is that it will cost 6 times more to combat climate change in 2050 than doing it today, so up from about 1 % of global BNP to 6 %. Stupid and, yes, dumping unnecessary costs on children and grandchildren, but hardly "frying" or resource wars. Especially since the global population is projected to decline a generation after (starting in 2080 in the latest projections).
You don't identify the source of your "projection." Ones I've seen are much more dire.

We passed "peak energy" just before the pandemic, which actually gave us a reprieve of sorts. If we had continued with the pandemic-induced growth restraint, we'd be a lot better off today!

You won't find such numbers unless you really dig. (Google for "Art Berman.") That's because we measure fossil sunlight volumetrically instead of energetically, and the amount of energy we get out of each barrel of oil has been steadily decreasing since the US began fracking in earnest.

Fracked oil is lighter, and contains less energy, and can't be made into diesel, and it is diesel that is the most difficult to replace with renewables. There is no current agricultural or long-distance transport alternative do diesel.

Bottom line: we are running out of resources faster than we are developing alternatives. The so-called "renewables" we have developed are not displacing fossil sunlight production, rather, renewables are increasing our energy usage. And currently, all renewable energy sources require a great deal of fossil sunlight to produce.

Those of us who lived through the 1970s have seen this before. "Stagflation" is a leading indicator of catabolic decline.

We're pretty much on-track with the Limits to Growth "Business As Usual" model.

Futurism-Got-Corn-graph-1.jpg