Your risk of severe COVID-19 may be affected by blood type, new genetic analysis suggests

Dec 24, 2019
Visit site
I asked my doctor what my blood type was, some years ago and was told it wasn't important, if I need a transfusion they would use plasma. So I don't know how to find out.

Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
I asked my doctor what my blood type was, some years ago and was told it wasn't important, if I need a transfusion they would use plasma. So I don't know how to find out.
There are on-line doctor-ordered lab testing companies which provide pre-paid forms for you to take your local lab to find out what blood-type you have. These outfits give you access to nearly any lab test approved by their on-staff doctor from a list they provide. Econolabs, and Walkinlab are the two I have used in the past at a cost that is relatively minimal - they even have mark-downs now and then. I have used both Quest labs and Labcorp through those companies. This is how I found out my blood type after decades of asking for a doctor to authorize - to no avail.

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
LAST MONTH I TOLD MY DR I WANTED TO KNOW MY BLOOD TYPE. YOU DON'T NEED A REASON. SO HE FAXED AN ORDER TO THE LAB I USE UNDER MY INSURANCE PLAN. I JUST WALKED IN, GAVE THEM MY INSURANCE INFORMATION AND HAD MY BLOOD DRAWN. FEW DAYS LATER THE RESULTS CAME IN.

Oct 29, 2020
Visit site
LAST MONTH I TOLD MY DR I WANTED TO KNOW MY BLOOD TYPE. YOU DON'T NEED A REASON. SO HE FAXED AN ORDER TO THE LAB I USE UNDER MY INSURANCE PLAN. I JUST WALKED IN, GAVE THEM MY INSURANCE INFORMATION AND HAD MY BLOOD DRAWN. FEW DAYS LATER THE RESULTS CAME IN.
YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY HAD IT DONE, BUT I JUST SAW YOUR POST

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
My blood type is either +AB or -O, both my parents have +AB and my grandfather had -O. It mostly depends on what your family's blood type is to tell what yours is.