Question With ongoing social distancing, what are some things you used to take for granted?

Page 3 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Apr 7, 2020
The 6 foot distance is arbitrary . It does not take into consideration air currents, which can carry an infectious aerosol for two or three times that distance. Thus don't think one is safe once the 6 foot distance is maintained. Sure, six feet is safer than 4 feet, and 10 feet is safer than 6 feet, etc. The line from your living room to the nearest person outside your residence is probably the safest distance to maintain. Stay home unless absolutely necessary.
You are 100% right and one of the few who recognize that.
The virus can be airborne, I don't think there is any safe distance in an enclosed facility like a grocery store or multi residency buildings due to air current from HVAC. All the advanced countries have 100 to 200 times the infection rates compared to all the underdeveloped countries which have very few HVAC systems.

I wrote a 7-page article report explaining this and tried to send it to the powers there are but they do not accept any communication. They have their blinders on and cannot see the forest for the trees. The article is uploaded on my google drive. You can access it with this link. There is a separate folder for references.

May 5, 2020
Movies, rubbing alcohol, toilet paper, eating out once a week, eating what I want daily. Now, I'm not watching movies, not sterilizing surfaces with hypoallergenic liquids, "over-washing a washcloth", eating only at home, and often stuck eating whole grain foods plus peanut butter plus vitamins.

May 10, 2020
I definitely miss going outside whenever I like. Before, if I wanted to take a walk, there was no reason I shouldn't, but now I hardly ever get to go outside because I then have to awkwardly move to the other side of the street whenever another person is there.
I was outside yesterday. my feeling was the same!

May 14, 2020
Isolation and social distancing. Back in the time when the scourge that was raving was the ongoing problem of Tuberculosis, the remedy for its treatment was isolation and social distancing. As one of many who survived the onslaught of TB, in the early 1960's, was to be quarantined in a TB ward safe from infecting others from the disease. I was in a ward with twenty others who shared the same disorder, earlier called the wasting, People complain about the length of time spent in isolation and how inconvenient it is. If they believe three months is a long time; they should try one whole year. This one year of isolation was mandatory for all TB patients.
Many of those who are against the Stay at home order whine, "Do you have to disrupt my mundane existence with fact. I don't care if I spread the plague to others, who in turn may die, I don't care. Especially, if those who die are the elderly. They are old anyway."

May 16, 2020
Hi! I was generally a person who feels much better to meet and greet people affectionately, and with that 'Social-distancing', I miss that 'tactile-society' I was used to, and because of the 'social-distancing', I have more sensitice to acertain word being used, and asked people who support me to trefrain from using that word where I can hear, whilst we are still in lockdown, until it becomes back to being a 'more tactile-society'. (I hope they lift these 'social-distancing' measures by Christmas, as New Year especially is the time I am needing that 'close contact' with my friends as none of my fellow housemates stay up till past midnight to see the New Year in. It does not help with the Coronavirus pandemic, as it makes it even harder to find a new match.

May 16, 2020
With so many masks being worn out of necessity, I miss seeing the smiles on peoples' faces.:(

Last edited:
May 12, 2020
Wel, getting to keep Social Distancing many people always forgotten to take 10meters space at least and taken for granted to cover your mouth with bent elbow when Sneezing🗣....

May 12, 2020
I just miss going out and exploring. There has been a lot of new growth in my city with new restaurants and shops opening in the past few months and I always liked to pick one of them and stop in and see what's up, what they have to offer, etc. Now I can't really do that.
Hello how are you?

May 17, 2020
I miss the simplicity of not having to be hyper aware of proximity to strangers, touching public surfaces, ordering food or casual conversation. I've always been a little cautious, but now I feel much more uneasy than previously.

May 17, 2020
Anybody concerned about the satellites flying around day and night? Anybody, think that it is a coincidence that this is happening in the height of a pandemic and nobody asked me for permission to cover the over head skies with this atrocity. Anybody concerned?
YES! My biggest concern is they will not only be allowed to stay but will be increased for surveillance in case of future outbreaks. The same with drones and public cameras.

ASK THE COMMUNITY