Question Why isn't curve flattening?

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
New York and many states have been on lockdown for several weeks, but despite that there seems to be no slowdown in the spread of the coronavirus.
What are the habits of ths people that are catching the virus? Are they disregarding the hand washing, not touching face and social distancing? Or do people who do thise things still catch the virus?
In the beginning of this, I was optimistic that we would stop it in its tracks by doing those things.

I would like be confident that I'm not going to get it if I simply don't touch my face, wash my hands often and after being out in public, and staying reasonably far away from people. Im beginning to have doubts about that.

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
China started their quarantine on Jan. 23. Number of cases reported per day started decreasing somewhere around Feb. 8. Biggest problem with this virus is that 1 in 4 infected are asymptomatic (no symptoms). be patient.

Apr 3, 2020
Visit site
New York went into A slowdown but that does help just not as much as doing what was told to us all by many different medical people. Their bars were still open so how closed down is that.
Had they not played politics I have to think there would be A lot less problems there. Than again being the mayor of A city that numbers millions why were they not better prepared? They will blame everyone else for sure because that is what the democrats do. Never the less this Corona virus is number 19 and one of its predecessors I believe is what we call the flu. So far this year in the US more than 23000 people have died from it. It happens every season so why did the Governor and the Mayor of New York not take the steps to be ready?