Why have aliens never visited Earth? Scientists have a disturbing answer

Given what I know about humans and especially how we behave, I wouldn't want to visit Earth, if I were a space faring alien.

There's always breaks away to cater for people that.... don't want to be with people or just their own group.

Maybe we have happened upon a niche market, remote holidays for aliens...

Possibly that is what Black ROck City is for a week in every year :D

Reactions: Snorrie
OK now! A niche market is a whole different story. If any extraterrestrial aliens or for that matter Earth aliens, legal or illegal, have the money and/or look like Seven-of-Nine they would be welcomed. As advertisers and promoters of pseudo salacious vacation locations say "Come on down" for an overpriced, underwhelming, hassled vacation. Be sure to bring two credit cards.

The very concept that we are truly alone, is so profound and frightening, that most can not except. And dread to consider. For if the concept is valid, the question becomes why. How does one answer that?

Reactions: Snorrie
My morose answer to the "Why" question above is: For now, in this Epoch, we are the randomly fortunate Domain, Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus and Species to evolve via Darwinian Evolution to the planet's top predator with the unique attendant technological ability to change the planet to suit our wellbeing. Considering the probabilities, it would seem that "God really does, (did in our case), play dice". IMO, our form of complex life can only win the "Lottery" once, and we are the lucky winners.