Why Hangovers Feel So Awful

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Last night I drank a whole bottle of wine which may not seem a lot to some people but I was well and truly smashed while chatting over roast dinner! I had a great night from 5pm and about 1am I was struggling to see straight. I felt happy and was laughing with my friends but knew if I didn't do one thing I'd have a major hang-over in the morning. At 1am I started drinking water only and kept doing so until when I got home at 230pm (after walking half an hour). I then had some herbal tea (lavender), ate some more food before bed and chatted with my family abroad and fell asleep at 330. Just woke at 930am after 6 hours and feel completely normal. So no hangover and I attribute it to one thing - diluting the alcohol with lots of water to allow the body to pee out all the alcohol. I did wake up at 730 and had a pee and then went back to bed for another two hours. No doubt I'll need a couple more hours of sleep later but WATER and HYDRATION did the trick for me and that has always worked and I live in the drinking and whisky centre of the world - SCOTLAND!