Why don't we remember being babies?

Feb 12, 2023
Visit site
True, I don't remember the ordinary events prior to 1 year of age, only traumatic events, and there were two that I still recall today. I also have a very unusual memory from in my mother's womb. IDK whether dad was playing around with a flashlight, or mom was sunbathing, but I could see some kind of light on her belly that was noticeable from in the womb. I also remember the day that I came home from the hospital. My elder sibling was 2 years and 8 months old. He asked mom about the soft spot on my head, and she said he should never touch that. Then, shortly thereafter, she left me alone in the room with him. He started pushing in on the spot, so I turned my head to stop him. Then he put one hand on the top of my head, with the ends of his fingers on the soft spot, and then he o\put his other hand on the back on my head, so I couldn't stop his pushing. I screamed, and mom came running. I almost had a seizure. Strange thing is, I can place your adult hands on my adult skull in the same position and you can feel the finger grooves. The other traumatic memories were waking up in my bed with him holding a pillow over my head trying to suffocate me. He did that around 7 times or so.