Why do you usually eat the same thing for breakfast?

Not 100% sold on this at the moment...

I have the same breakfast every morning bar Saturday and Sunday...

Mon-Fri I leave myself little time to get ready for work and really want to avoid the bad food choice at 1000 to combat the hunger... The cereal I have with milk is minimal preparation and easy to gave a basic wash before I head to work...
I would love to make use of the canteen, but it would be more the unhealthy fried option.

Sat- I finish the pizza from the night before, again, it is convenient and quick and doesnt add to the clean-up afterwards.

Sun- I miss breakfast and go for the poor choice 1000/1100 or a large dinner and relaxing Afternoon into Evening.

When I am on holiday (either at or away from home), then my breakfast becomes more random and not of a set time...

I propose that the standard breakfast is a ritual ahead of work whereby you have deadlines, targets etc... and as we age, adding a new item routine is very off-putting... Structure to get started and plan before the capacity is available to reassess situations to amend kicks in - Overlaps a lot, but a slightly different twist. A minor inconvenience in a morning is a disaster whereas a big inconvenience in the day is manageable.