Why do women have orgasms?

Dec 11, 2019
Visit site
The figure is probably higher now with the sexual revolution, etc. But I recall reading that in the previous century, only about 30% of woman had orgasms during partnered sex. Doesn't sound like a "survival" trait to me. Plus in some tribal societies, girls still have their clitorisis surgically removed at a young age. I have no idea what the answer is but I'm not a believer in the neo-Darwinian "selection" theory either....

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
I think you are looking at the concept of orgasms in a somewhat limited scope of reasoning and the answer maybe simpler than you think. Of course men do not have to orgasm , or indeed all animals do not need to have the intense feelings associated with the act of procreation in order to reproduce, or simply said it could have been a more mundane task that yielded no pleasure or have even been a painful thing to do. But I believe the answer is that it aligns with the struggle for survival quite nicely...Being that it gives animals an incentive to mate and reproduce and a reward for doing so. Indeed without this small but simple pleasure life has given us....... What incentives would creatures have to endeavor and aspire to accomplish the task?
That being said, the intense pleasure and reward for the simple act is an incentive and goal that is a definite lure to procreate. Which along with pheromones becomes a natural part of likely.... all forms of life in creating an evolutionary advantage in the struggle to survive and reproduce.

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
Leave it to a male researcher to downplay female orgasms. I think as a medical professional it somehow assists in fertilization. Personally I think some scientists are just plain jealous. After all, until we REALLY know, this little gem is magnificent in delivering what you can only call FABULOUS! An organ for pleasure! There you go girls, we have something boy's don't and it is a whole lot less messy!

Jan 9, 2020
Visit site
Life itself wouldn't exist if it weren't pleasurable. Why would molecules glom together in the primordial soup to form sentient beings if the predominant sensation is pain? Scientists search for a physical function for the female orgasm but maybe it's all about the pleasure itself and the subsequent bond one feels with one's partner. It seems pretty obvious that the primary function of the orgasm is enjoyment. Duh. Try it, you'll like it.

The figure is probably higher now with the sexual revolution, etc. But I recall reading that in the previous century, only about 30% of woman had orgasms during partnered sex. Doesn't sound like a "survival" trait to me. Plus in some tribal societies, girls still have their clitorisis surgically removed at a young age. I have no idea what the answer is but I'm not a believer in the neo-Darwinian "selection" theory either....
religion is used to control women and prevent them from fully experiencing their sexual powers. This is a more "recent" development compared to the millions of previous years when women probably experienced orgasms normally

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
Religion has made all women subservient and powerless. Yet there were many cultures that treated women with respect. The Vikings for example. I imagine with the advent of the major religions men began to realize how important women were and felt threatened by it, thus putting "us" in our places, below them. What a shame we did not get the respect we deserve. Nor do we today. Look at the multitude of sex crimes against women and girls. Revolting. It's all about POWER. You will notice the male genitalia was never amputated! Thank goodness we have something enjoyable and unique. Orgasm may have assisted in conception but it still remains attainable even after menopuse.

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
What would make women want to have sex with men if we didn’t have orgasms? It’s sad that some men don’t think of a woman’s pleasure during sex. It’s not all about men’s pleasure. It’s sad that some people think women having orgasms is pointless because they feel men would just rape us regardless if we agree to sex or not. The language I hear completely takes women as equals to a man out of the equation as if we have no say over our bodies. They should be asking what would men do if women didn’t have orgasms? Can women have pleasure without having anything to do with men and babies? Let’s just say this if women didn’t have orgasms humans would be extinct. That’s the only way women have put up with majority of men otherwise we don’t need men especially the way men have treated women in general.

May 18, 2020
Visit site
Leave it to a male researcher to downplay female orgasms. I think as a medical professional it somehow assists in fertilization. Personally I think some scientists are just plain jealous. After all, until we REALLY know, this little gem is magnificent in delivering what you can only call FABULOUS! An organ for pleasure! There you go girls, we have something boy's don't and it is a whole lot less messy!

you sound like a typical toxic female who has a chip on her shoulder against men.

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
On the same subject thats like saying why do some men ejaculate after a very short time during sex & why do some men last a lot longer before ejaculation

Well ? do any of the males on this site know the answer???

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
errr I dont have a chip on my shoulder against men at all Cecilia Fox.

Regards to the comment starting awwwwww!!! I dont think I will -I dont know what you mean -I have a girlfriend -what I said was an observation

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
The reason for the woman's orgasm for mutual pleasure and the glorious feeling of being 'one flesh' would fit the Biblical model. Sex in itself AND of two needing to tangle and the extra 'evolution steps' instead of asexual production does not make sense in all-naturalistic atheists-apologetics. Again. It fits the Biblical model of creation. The simplest explanation is often the correct one. There you go.

The reason for the woman's orgasm for mutual pleasure and the glorious feeling of being 'one flesh' would fit the Biblical model. Sex in itself AND of two needing to tangle and the extra 'evolution steps' instead of asexual production does not make sense in all-naturalistic atheists-apologetics. Again. It fits the Biblical model of creation. The simplest explanation is often the correct one. There you go.
I hope you realize that women can have orgasms alone.

Anyone can have an orgasm any time. Full-body. Just think in yourself, feel it, it'll come out.

SO. That means non-ejaculatory orgasm.

For a few years I had a sign on my car that said:

NON-EJACULATORY ORGASM

LEARN IT

non-ej.png

Female ejaculation and squirting differ. The ejaculation happens very much like the male's - a thick, gooey, though purely white substance that sort of coughs from the vagina. Some guy told me it 'coughed' in his mouth. Found that quite curious - and then years later experienced the same. Squirting comes from the bladder. Just piss. And a lot of it. The person who coughed in my mouth later on started voiding her bladder each orgasm. I had to get a doggy pad to stop from having to wash the cushions every day.

In any case, I support the pleasure and social bits. Our experience of sensation affects our bodies at a structural level.

Last edited: