• Welcome to the Live Science Forums, a playground for those curious about humanity and the world around us. Introduce yourself here!

Why do I see ads for "Guardian Angels" on Live Science?

Dec 13, 2019
Dear Community,

My name is Dinn Eferet, and among other things, I am an advocate of science and reason. While I understand all too well, the impersonal nature of ad tools on the web, as a site that prides itself in being a voice for science, I find it more than a little odd that Live Science permits ads that oil the intellectually poisonous cogs of pseudoscience to show up on its pages.

I look froward to any clarification. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Dinn Eferet

Nov 26, 2019
Dear Community,

My name is Dinn Eferet, and among other things, I am an advocate of science and reason. While I understand all too well, the impersonal nature of ad tools on the web, as a site that prides itself in being a voice for science, I find it more than a little odd that Live Science permits ads that oil the intellectually poisonous cogs of pseudoscience to show up on its pages.

I look froward to any clarification. Thanks.

Sincerely,
Dinn Eferet
If you know that way ad tools works and websites, then you'll know that you have no control on specific ads.

sward

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi thanks for letting us know, sadly the community team are not able to change what ads appear, but we do hope you're enjoying this site, and that any ads for non scientific products or ideas haven't swayed your participation here. We really do value how much our community has grown over the past few weeks, and we're thankful for how much you contribute!

Also, in regards to posting, Live Science forums host discussions based on established scientific principles, and as such, posts that attempt to ignore the preponderance of evidence, disavow scientific fact, or engage in logical fallacies to arrive at unfounded conclusions will be removed. I have passed the feedback on that this ad suggests otherwise, and hope you stick around, safe in the knowledge that this site is for scientific discovery and discussion only. We swear we're not testing you with dodgy ads. :LOL:

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts