Why are children 'missing' from coronavirus outbreak cases?

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
Is it possible that the virus originated from mice? I remember in the 90s when I was 25 years old that doctors could not record my T3 and T4 because they had to inject my blood into a mouse to obtain an allergic reaction. They could never obtain the correct reaction from my blood because as an adult I had some sort of mice immunity. The doctors said at the time, "Only kids under 10 have this sort of immunity, that disappears later. You are a rare case." So if most kids have this natural immunity to mice, can they have this natural immunity to Coronavirus, and if so, are they related immunity?

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
The cause of death is hypercytokinemia. Probably, the cytokine production in adult is much stronger than children. Children immune system is not fully developed and produce "just nice" level of inflammatory genes (cytokines).

Reactions: Eamonn Kenny
Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
The cause of death is hypercytokinemia. Probably, the cytokine production in adult is much stronger than children. Children immune system is not fully developed and produce "just nice" level of inflammatory genes (cytokines).
I'm wondering if photochemical oxydation of primary pollutants isn't messing around with the immune response increasing oxydative stress and causing the increased inflammation.

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
Since children are, presumably, growing/regenerating cells at higher rate than adults, is it possible that the net of cells destroyed/compromised by the virus is lower in children and therefore results in less severe problems?

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
Flu kills 630,000 per year. Yet who stops travelling when you hear of it? Did any stop travelling to the US last time it was killing so many?
lack of knowledge is lack of power!
the RO rate of the flu meaning retransmission how many people each person with the flu will get sick is between 1.0 to 2.0 the RO of covid19 2.5 to 3.5
flu kills .05 percent of people who get it covid19 again between 2 to 3.5 percent of people who get it die while all the facts aren't known and some are debate able if covid19 spreads like the flu it will kill millions of people and it definitely seems to have the ability to spread alot better than the flu. and besides for the above the amount of severe hospitalization is 20 percent for covid19 for the flu out of 40 million American 200,000 hospitalization that's not 20 percebt

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
while not everything coming out of chine can be trusted and the article may be true I personally have seen clips from inside Wuhan of lined up corpses of children did I use scientific method to verify the clips no but did they seem legit yes ..the data china is providing the USA isn't either legit

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
We have to be careful of jumping to unwarranted conclusions. Two things to keep in mind. First is the nature of the reporting coming out of China. I seriously doubt we are getting the true story from China.

Second is the population we see exposed to the coronavirus. Most of the travelers and tourist are adults. Children are being evacuated from Wuhan, but no mention of the number. I suspect that number is low. Or the 350 Americans evacuated from cruise ship in Japan. I think most of them were elderly with few if any children. Adults brought back to the United States are isolated and have little chance of spreading coronavirus to the general population which include children.

I'm not so sure of the children's super immunity theory. "Since 2014, federal health officials have confirmed over 500 cases of acute flaccid myelitis (AFM) in the United States―a very rare but serious illness that can cause sudden polio-like symptoms such as weak muscles and paralysis. Most of these cases have been in children around 5 years old." Or the illegal immigrate children getting sick in custody.

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
I seriously doubt we are getting the true story from China. However I can't find anything that says otherwise. Your source?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
"Children are top of the totem pole here in China. " I agree. I would think that if children were dying at an alarming rate, that would be the last thing their government would want out. I think children at risk would be the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to people dissatisfaction with the government.

What we are seeing here in the West are mainly adults, with the exception of an unknown number of children that were evacuated from Wuhan.

Feb 13, 2020
Visit site
I was thinking more along the lines that children's lymphatic system is still capable of correctly functioning because it hasn't been intoxicated for decades by the polluted air that everyone is breathing.

Feb 25, 2020
Visit site
Is it possible that the virus originated from mice? I remember in the 90s when I was 25 years old that doctors could not record my T3 and T4 because they had to inject my blood into a mouse to obtain an allergic reaction. They could never obtain the correct reaction from my blood because as an adult I had some sort of mice immunity. The doctors said at the time, "Only kids under 10 have this sort of immunity, that disappears later. You are a rare case." So if most kids have this natural immunity to mice, can they have this natural immunity to Coronavirus, and if so, are they related immunity?
Just curious as to why they were testing your Thyroid levels in mice?? Was it experimental?

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
Flu kills 630,000 per year. Yet who stops travelling when you hear of it? Did any stop travelling to the US last time it was killing so many?
Some reasons include:

1. The mortality rate of coronavirus so far is roughly 3-4 times higher than for the flu.
2. The flu typically kills people over the age of 65. If you are otherwise healthy and under 65, you are highly unlikely to die of the flu. But coronavirus is killing people in their 40’s and 50’s, and even younger.
3. There is no vaccination for coronavirus yet. You can be vaccinated for the flu and then be much safer if exposed while traveling.
4. Coronavirus has the potential to become a worldwide epidemic beyond anything we have experienced in our lifetimes. First, it could still mutate and become more deadly. And second, it has features that enable to spread easily, including that some people can have it without symptoms, so they don’t stay home and unwittingly affect others. So until we have a vaccination, authorizes are going to have to go to great lengths to try to contain it if we don’t want to risk massive loss of life.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
Adults, even healthy young adults, are felled by the new coronavirus 2019-nCoV much more readily than children. Here's why.

Why are children 'missing' from coronavirus outbreak cases? : Read more
Ye strain at a gnat and swallow a camel. This condemnation or woe was directed at the pharisees who were elderly, white men, religious leaders of that day. In today's language, the gnat is the mosquito that causes the WNV. So therefore little children are not involved.

Jan 23, 2020
Visit site
Agree. I'm not sure why so many are questioning your numbers when it so easy to fact check.

Yet seasonal influenza kills up to 650 000 people every year.
Yep, WHO - right there on their website for which you supplied the link - nfluenza may not always be thought of by most people as a serious illness – the symptoms of headaches, runny nose, cough and muscle pain can make people confuse it with a heavy cold. Yet seasonal influenza kills up to 650 000 people every year.

Mar 2, 2020
Visit site

Well we have quite a time dealing with influenza and is pretty managable, the influenza virus most likely will kill people with very low immunty most of them very old people,but the coronavirus is new we still have a lot to learn from this virus,not having travel retstriction would help the virus spread more eaisly , and more people would die and the effects would be quite devestating for low income countries,considering that a high number of people do not have access to drinking water is easy to imagine what a coronvirus spread amongst those people would do.
I personally think travel restriction
helps by slowing down the rate of spread wich would give people more time to study the virus, and comeup with and effective treatment possibly a cure.

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
Note that one of the 30 medications investigated by the Chinese for COVID-19 is an IL-6 inhibitor made by Roche subcutaneous monoclonal antibody. Do Children Cytokine Storm?
Or are we just not watching our Children and COVID-19 efficacy closely?

Adults, even healthy young adults, are felled by the new coronavirus 2019-nCoV much more readily than children. Here's why.

Why are children 'missing' from coronavirus outbreak cases? : Read more
Okay, another theory where I'm sure I'll be hit with rotten tomatoes and others trying to kick me off boards. WHAT IF something in newborn hematopoietic stem cells could help produce a vaccine??? I KNOW they are saying children are affected but I'm not even convinced the few that supposedly have it, don't just have a common flu. Something about babies and children plays a part. I think it's worth looking in to.

The coronavirus is more contagious than the flu and more quickly spread because you can go be carrying the virus for up to 3 weeks before you show symptoms and it's 3 times as deadly as the flu. We own one of the Vancouver assisted living facilities and we are very concerned about our elderly residents. So restricting travel is a good move I believe. It's all about containment right now.
Sadly it's like trying to shove the genie back into a bottle. The enemy is loose and we have no idea where or how to find him. Along with containment people need to NOT freak out but definitely have items at the ready at home in case things ramp up to hysteria. If this gets twice as bad which it IS going to--be prepared to lock down at your home.

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
It is a form of hypercytokinemia but not the classic ,1918 sort. The 1918 flu killed with hypercytokinemia, with rapid onset, haemoraging (when cytokines attack lung tissue) but this 2019-nCoV seems to just fill lungs with gunk, slowly, often without the patient noticing till they can't breathe too well. Hypercytokinemia of that 1918 type killed those with the strongest immune reactions -- young soldiers.

I think it may be because children have higher fevers than others. I explain the reasons for thinking so on this other thread on the same topic.

Latest posts