When will 'social distancing' end?

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
The problem with the medical/scientific perspective on covid 19 is that doesn't take into account the ripple effect that long-term isolation measures will have on the economy, which will in turn cause havoc that could cost lives. The 'economy' isn't just a section in the newspaper, and governments can only print so much money. At some point, keeping upwards of 40% of the workforce unemployed will become fundamentally unsustainable. Sheltering in place will (not could) indirectly make it even harder to care for people who really need medical assistance with their covid infections.

Reactions: Gingered121970
Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
I believe this author is willing for the economy to be burned to the ground.

That will mean massive cuts to heath care and education for decades.

Massive amount of people in bread lines.

All in effort to allow 100'000's or even a few million mainly old people or already sick people having a few years or a decade of more living on this planet.

OMG!

It is insane.

We don't do this to save 10,000's of people dying from the flu every year.

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
The problem with the medical/scientific perspective on covid 19 is that doesn't take into account the ripple effect that long-term isolation measures will have on the economy, which will in turn cause havoc that could cost lives. The 'economy' isn't just a section in the newspaper, and governments can only print so much money. At some point, keeping upwards of 40% of the workforce unemployed will become fundamentally unsustainable. Sheltering in place will (not could) indirectly make it even harder to care for people who really need medical assistance with their covid infections.
I tried telling that to friends and the immediately called me heartless. And a few other foul names.

Reactions: bchill
Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
So The earliest Social distancing can be lifted Is I. Not for another 12-18 months. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL i’m going to go that long penned up in my house. I can not believe the CDC is would sacrifice the Economy to save lives just to risk millions in the future when a world depression hits that goes so deep it will make the Depression of the 1930’s look like a party. The economy can not survive on life support.

May 16, 2020
Visit site
Exactly. If they think we're all going to just stay cooped up in our houses for the rest of our lives, they're crazy. Maybe older and retired people don't care if they sit around all day doing nothing, but the rest of us young people have lives to live. I for one want to graduate, get married, get a job, Etc But I can't do it if I'm locked down!

May 16, 2020
Visit site
Exactly. There's no way in hell that I'm going to stay locked up like this. I'm young, and I have a life to live. Damn Social distancing.

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
The sooner we can have our lives fully back the better .some rules have been eased a little people can meet 1 member of theeir family now but outside & go outside but social distance still

but I agree with you all

May 16, 2020
Visit site
So The earliest Social distancing can be lifted Is I. Not for another 12-18 months. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL i’m going to go that long penned up in my house. I can not believe the CDC is would sacrifice the Economy to save lives just to risk millions in the future when a world depression hits that goes so deep it will make the Depression of the 1930’s look like a party. The economy can not survive on life support.
Maybe there are some older people who don't mind sitting around doing nothing all day, but we younger people have lives to live. I guess the CDC never stopped to think of that. People continue to gather despite social distancing policies. This is because the term (social distancing), makes no sense to most people.

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
God knows when it ll be completely ended . Theres a new rule over here as regards seeing of parents .You are allowed to see 1 member of your family only outside but stay 2 metres apart

I cant remember what the rule was about groups though

I think the latest slogan is STAY ALERT SAVE LIVES PROTECT THE NHS

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
Theres been no evidence of that mentioned on our news bulletins over here in the UK
Some of the rules have been relaxed & wil be continue to do so (over here) until hopefully some normality is restored

obviously it will depend on lots of things