When will a COVID-19 vaccine be ready?

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
Health officials have said that a vaccine could be ready next year, if we take some shortcuts.

When will a COVID-19 vaccine be ready? : Read more
Can someone explain to me the difference between finding a Covid19 vaccine and finding a vaccine for HIV? In 2009 the structure of the HIV genome was decoded. The Covid19 code is yet to be fully decoded, so how exactly can anyone be promising a vaccine in the next twelve months, let alone twelve years if no-one has been able as yet to produce a vaccine for HIV?
The rumours abound on the internet, of course, but... a very sad and ominous question arises if governments are promising a vaccine at all. Does there already exist a vaccine that is simply being witheld as an act of war or at best an act of procrastination until some other objective is reached? It may seem preposterous to imply that governments are at war with their own people, but we protest at the totalitarianism in other countries, yet believe it absurd that such a thing could happen here. If Covid19 has revealed anything it is that people matter very much less than money, infrastructure productivity and services. It is as though Covid19 is being used as a test to see how few people are needed to keep society off its knees.
There is also the coincidence that the victims of Covid19 are also generally the victims in society, the old and the poor, largely ethnic, communities. There has lately been the reluctant admission (again only reported online) that Covid19 was 'accidentally' carried by an intern working in a lab in Wuhan where they were studying the virus. Um, if they already 'had' Covid19 in a lab,, how did it get there? Was it, as they say 'discovered in bats' and brought in to study, or was it actually manufactured there and bats and wet markets merely cited as the scapegoat?
repeat, I don't really like the taste of conspiracy theories. They attract unusually odd and extreme thinkers and rarely offer scientific validation, but this is the opposite. We have a real life global emergency about which things get fuzzier the deeper we go.
The real problem, I suspect, is that the promise of a vaccine is designed to delay the appreciation that the situation, curves or none, is going to deteriorate more rapidly than anyone in power can cope with. They are delivering deflections and promises in order to forestall the obvious prospect of civil unrest, a phemonenon already becoming a reality in some of the more tenuous regimes, like the Phillipines and some African states, not to mention India and Pakisan.
They have 'no idea' when or where this vaccine is going to come from, yet Bill Gates has promised that as soon as it does he will have ready five mega-factories to manufacture and distribute it. How? The WHO, to whom Gates is a majority contributor also sponsors the Global Vaccination Action Plan who held Event 201 in 2019 to project and sandbox a response to a global pandemic. The predictions of Event 201 are eerily accurate, right down to the tenor of the media coverage.
So, to ask when a vaccine will be ready for Covid19 becomes something of a connundrum in itself. There is no vaccine. There may never be a vaccine. It may be as elusive as the HIV vaccine that has been the stuff of dreams for nearly forty years. It may be decided by the powers that be that, though distressing, the Covid19 cat did not disturb too many pigeons after all and that we must all take our chances.
We are living in a dreamland if we think magic, science or technology will provide us with a get out of jail card on demand.

This is probably not the forum that would appreciate the question and I do not like being a doubter, but the handling of Covid19 has been eccentric around the world to say the least, especially so in the US and the UK.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
Can someone explain to me the difference between finding a Covid19 vaccine and finding a vaccine for HIV? In 2009 the structure of the HIV genome was decoded. The Covid19 code is yet to be fully decoded, so how exactly can anyone be promising a vaccine in the next twelve months, let alone twelve years if no-one has been able as yet to produce a vaccine for HIV?
The rumours abound on the internet, of course, but... a very sad and ominous question arises if governments are promising a vaccine at all. Does there already exist a vaccine that is simply being witheld as an act of war or at best an act of procrastination until some other objective is reached? It may seem preposterous to imply that governments are at war with their own people, but we protest at the totalitarianism in other countries, yet believe it absurd that such a thing could happen here. If Covid19 has revealed anything it is that people matter very much less than money, infrastructure productivity and services. It is as though Covid19 is being used as a test to see how few people are needed to keep society off its knees.
There is also the coincidence that the victims of Covid19 are also generally the victims in society, the old and the poor, largely ethnic, communities. There has lately been the reluctant admission (again only reported online) that Covid19 was 'accidentally' carried by an intern working in a lab in Wuhan where they were studying the virus. Um, if they already 'had' Covid19 in a lab,, how did it get there? Was it, as they say 'discovered in bats' and brought in to study, or was it actually manufactured there and bats and wet markets merely cited as the scapegoat?
repeat, I don't really like the taste of conspiracy theories. They attract unusually odd and extreme thinkers and rarely offer scientific validation, but this is the opposite. We have a real life global emergency about which things get fuzzier the deeper we go.
The real problem, I suspect, is that the promise of a vaccine is designed to delay the appreciation that the situation, curves or none, is going to deteriorate more rapidly than anyone in power can cope with. They are delivering deflections and promises in order to forestall the obvious prospect of civil unrest, a phemonenon already becoming a reality in some of the more tenuous regimes, like the Phillipines and some African states, not to mention India and Pakisan.
They have 'no idea' when or where this vaccine is going to come from, yet Bill Gates has promised that as soon as it does he will have ready five mega-factories to manufacture and distribute it. How? The WHO, to whom Gates is a majority contributor also sponsors the Global Vaccination Action Plan who held Event 201 in 2019 to project and sandbox a response to a global pandemic. The predictions of Event 201 are eerily accurate, right down to the tenor of the media coverage.
So, to ask when a vaccine will be ready for Covid19 becomes something of a connundrum in itself. There is no vaccine. There may never be a vaccine. It may be as elusive as the HIV vaccine that has been the stuff of dreams for nearly forty years. It may be decided by the powers that be that, though distressing, the Covid19 cat did not disturb too many pigeons after all and that we must all take our chances.
We are living in a dreamland if we think magic, science or technology will provide us with a get out of jail card on demand.

This is probably not the forum that would appreciate the question and I do not like being a doubter, but the handling of Covid19 has been eccentric around the world to say the least, especially so in the US and the UK.
I'm an engineer not a biologist of any kind so the vaccine question is beyond my ken. But one thing is certain as a historical fact, 1: Government will grow and assume more power and taxes, 2: Our civil liberties will be curtailed. And that growth and limits will not reverse after this event

Reactions: HamyMac