When To Administer Drugs for COVID-19

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
"We suspect that early treatment, before the onset of severe symptoms requiring hospitalization, may provide the best chance to improve outcomes. "

I'm not a doctor but it seems common sense would tell you that. I've often wondered why they rush in to give patients on ventilators drugs that supposedly have worked miracles in stopping COVID-19. Why did they wait for the patient to get to such a critical state?

LCarlson

Administrator
Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
I think that everyone is simply waiting for more information, and people are respectfully avoiding hospitals unless their symptoms are severe. The knowledge is building rapidly, as is sharing the knowledge. Testing, on the other hand, still lags badly behind the needs of our populace at large.
I read this article with some hope - even though it relies on testing for a positive, it is a worthy effort with a safe drug. It will of course take some time to glean results and compare them to the average, but there's no way to speed this up.:

I also see that there are recommendations (from actual medical professionals) to use an oximeter at home to monitor blood oxygen levels. Apparently the pneumonias associated with Covid-19 can be as insidious as the illness itself, and by the time it becomes severe enough to seek medical help it may be too late. In other words, people do not know how sick they really are.

It's something I should be doing anyway because I have (low grade) asthma that is sharply aggravated by regular flu, so I finally ordered one. They are remarkably inexpensive ($25-65 depending on brand and source), although finding one in stock is a bit of a challenge, as with many home medical supplies.

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Patients treated with remdesivir took an average of 11 days to recover as compared with 15 days for those who received a placebo, he said.
"Although a 31% improvement doesn't seem like a knockout 100%, it is a very important proof of concept," Fauci said. "What it has proven is that a drug can block this virus."

You have to ask, why is Dr Fauci so enamored with this very expensive, not all that effective drug when hydroxychloroquine used with zinc is being used very successfully around the world and it's much more effective than remdesivir.

May 15, 2020
Visit site
Oops, they're talking about treatment. If we're going to discuss drugs, we should also be able to talk about herbs, vitamins and other options that can support the body's defenses.