When can I go out again safely

Even with 2 jabs their is still a 40% chance of getting Covid 19. And of that 40% - 10% will develop long Covid (Maybe for life), I just can't bring myself to accept those odds and start living a normal life again. My wife and I have been in continuous lockdown now since April 2020. We are loosing our minds

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
Here in the UK the Government is either overtly or covertly liking that the double jabbed are then getting covid because they get it without being hospitalised and end up with a more robust immunity to all the covid variants

We must remember that the current vaccine is designed to repel the spike protein of the original Wuhan strain only

Getting covid means you have fought the whole of the virus and not just the spike protein

Reactions: Hayseed
Here in the UK the Government is either overtly or covertly liking that the double jabbed are then getting covid because they get it without being hospitalised and end up with a more robust immunity to all the covid variants

We must remember that the current vaccine is designed to repel the spike protein of the original Wuhan strain only

Getting covid means you have fought the whole of the virus and not just the spike protein
Thanks ROG - I can see that this sneeky way of making immune systems more robust is a likely plan - but even getting covid only gives us 5 months immunity before we can catch it again - and all the time the risk of long covid hangs over us

Look up info on B and T cells
They are different to the 5/6 months of active antibodies
Is this good news ? Are you saying that if we actually get covid and have had 2 jabs - than we have a longer period to enjoy immunity . I'm a lazy and impatient reader of things -(B & T cells) can you tell me what the length of time would be increased to please

Using the official WHO stats
1 in a million get covid twice
1 in 80 million who get it twice die from it
But I've heard of many people getting Covid twice on LBC radio.general media and here say.
Are these stats for those having had covid or for those having had 2 jabs and covid . Sorry to be a pain but the idea of catching covid being a one off cure to catching it again is entirely new to me, I was convinced that it could be caught many times

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
unknown as to what their situations were

Maybe in years to come we may catch it many times super mildly but that is currently unknown

My GUESS is that we will and the B/T cells will kill it within a few hours or less in the same way they do for many other viruses

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
I had covid in early march 2020 then gave it to the rest of my family
We all had different symptoms with my 30+ year old daughter getting the classic dry cough and bad sweats for a week
I had a week of conjunctivitis after 2 days of feeling really crap

We all now have T and B cells which will go into action should it try again - maybe it has and none of us know about it !!

I have had no jabs because what would be the point? - the vaccine cannot do more in regards to fighting it again

Hi Rog - I've looked a little deeper into the B/T cell effects and there are so many conflicting opinions.
Some top scientists warn of a limited immunity period for those who have had the virus and other are less sure
Many suggest 2 jabs plus booster are vital even if you have had covid - other top scientist are not so convinced.
I think I just might consult a witch doctor and see what he / she thinks about it all. I certainly remain most alarmed about any mixing with any other humans and so will stay indoors.

Even with 2 jabs their is still a 40% chance of getting Covid 19. And of that 40% - 10% will develop long Covid (Maybe for life),

Where do you get these statistics from?

Here is link (quote from the article) that gives scientific information.

"
between December 2020 and July, the health was tracked of more than 1.2 million adults who received one coronavirus jab and 971,504 who received two jabs in that time frame.
  • Just 0.2% of double-jabbed people said they had had a Covid infection after vaccination (2,370 cases)
  • Of the 592 fully vaccinated people with Covid who continued to provide data for more than a month, 31 (5%) went on to get long Covid (defined as illness lasting 28 days or more after a positive test)
  • In the unvaccinated group this figure was about 11%"

I have had no jabs because what would be the point? - the vaccine cannot do more in regards to fighting it again

"Having studied the genome of SARS-CoV-2, researchers suggest that, among unvaccinated people, reinfection could happen as soon as 3 months after contracting the virus."

Hi Rog - I've looked a little deeper into the B/T cell effects and there are so many conflicting opinions.
Some top scientists warn of a limited immunity period for those who have had the virus and other are less sure

That is not conflicting and it may be misunderstanding what you are reading...

The two positions are:

scientists are unsure how long immunity lasts.
Scientists think you can become reinfected as little as 3 months after having been infecting.

Both scenarios are clear, immunity DOES NOT last... The only debate is how long it lasts.