Question What is this?

I believe it to be an image error. Look at the scale. It would be huge. And very expensive. I have seen these errors before. Another image inserted within the image.....on google maps. It might be because they are constantly updating map images/information. Bound to goof up once in a while. Try another map service and see if it is there.

Dec 18, 2022
Visit site
I believe it to be an image error. Look at the scale. It would be huge. And very expensive. I have seen these errors before. Another image inserted within the image.....on google maps. It might be because they are constantly updating map images/information. Bound to goof up once in a while. Try another map service and see if it is there.
Fish farms. In actuality these things aren't very big compared to the wake left by a runabout. But... looking out of place in the way they sit.

When using the Latitude and the Longitude coordinates provided, they take you to an inlet in the Faroe Islands.

The Faroe Islands lay between Iceland and Norway in the North Atlantic.

It corresponds to an inlet just south of Klaksvik, adjacent to the small town of Nordoyri.

The circles may in fact correspond to fish farms in that inlet.

Screenshot 2022-12-18 at 23.35.11.png