What is that material?': Potentially hazardous asteroid Bennu stumps scientists with its odd makeup

Dec 13, 2023
Visit site
Can't get the lid off? Really? Sounds more like NASA wants to make sure there is nothing there that upsets their narrative. NASA has been lying about life in space for decades. On the first Viking mission to Mares, they had an experiment where they dropped Martian soil into several Petri dishs that contained growth medium. Guess what? Yea, something was growing in all the dishes. Then NASA tells us it was a false positive, (AND NEVER CONDUCTED THE TEST AGAIN ON THE FUTURE VIKING LANDERS) NASA is the biggest disinformation department in our government. Since their mission was to find life and they failed they should be shut down.

Jan 15, 2023
Visit site
Scientists found signs of organic molecules in the first samples of potentially hazardous asteroid Bennu, as well as a 'head scratching' material that has yet to be identified.

What is that material?': Potentially hazardous asteroid Bennu stumps scientists with its odd makeup : Read more
I certainly do not have to warn scientists to be cautious in studying matter unknown to humans. We are in the beginnings of asking for it.
We already are aware of physics vastly different than our own, existing in spaces as alien as the imagination can conjure.
This is the fashion of investigations into the makeup of something hitherto not known. I believe the eventual result of human curiosity is an innocent mistake or lack of caution, and once the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, the effect upon an environment, such as our tender planet's state, is perhaps permanent.
Just saying. What is retrieved from outside our atmosphere strips us of any option upon negative results. We can't guarantee a quantity beyond our knowledge will not overcome this ecosystem on earth, in a protected environment otherwise.

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Wow… this is so fascinating!

This is the first time we've been able to test material from an extra-terrestrial object that has not been sterilized by a hot trip through the atmosphere first, which would drive off volatile organic compounds.

I'm not surprise that they are finding things they can't yet identify. They're taking their time, doing things right, in a controlled and documented manner.

Apr 22, 2020
Visit site
Wow… this is so fascinating!

This is the first time we've been able to test material from an extra-terrestrial object that has not been sterilized by a hot trip through the atmosphere first, which would drive off volatile organic compounds.

I'm not surprise that they are finding things they can't yet identify. They're taking their time, doing things right, in a controlled and documented manner.
Are you saying that previous returns (eg moon rocks) were not protected from the heat of re-entry?

Reactions: Jan Steinman

Latest posts