What is quantum cognition? Physics theory could predict human behavior.

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
This is a very interesting article; however, predicting human behavior is also associated with behavior analysis. Have you all ever heard of delay discounting, behavioral economics, or behavior dynamics? I saw that you all referenced classical conditioning but there was no reference to operant conditioning. What is the rationale for omitting operant conditioning?

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
This is a very interesting article; however, predicting human behavior is also associated with behavior analysis. Have you all ever heard of delay discounting, behavioral economics, or behavior dynamics? I saw that you all referenced classical conditioning but there was no reference to operant conditioning. What is the rationale for omitting operant conditioning?
StpKnx -Please, re read the article; perhaps you will represent your observation.

Very interesting article and there is a credible truth to it. But it has its cons. One no one can predict human behavior never happen. Good and Evil cannot exist at the same time one cancels out the other. Good and Evil ebbs and flows to the flavor of societal consumption and what they will tolerate. It is also in a transition. Two behavior is predicated on past events what one sees in the present is an effect of a past cause be it traumatic or otherwise.
Most of the answers missed the operant conditioning it is sitting there in the article. This conditioning might work good for a dog rewards and punishments but there are too many variables involved when working with humans because each of us have been influenced by concepts of good and evil since childhood.
Psychology is an applied science based on statistical algorithms to arrive at a general consensus for a society as a whole. To understand the present effect, an outburst of angry, one has to travel back to the past to the cause the origin of that behavior then create a new memory to replace what is imprinted in one’s mind. Images in one’s mind can be replaced with more conducive images that have a valuation of one behavior and life.

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Quantum Cognition, as a theory, has a lot of similarities to the Free Energy Principle to predict human behavior from a neurological point of view. I find the idea of entanglement from quantum theory as a useful proxy for the huge amount of unmeasurable social information to help predict human behavior: similar people are more likely to act similarly.

"Quantum cognition" is a misleading term, all they are doing is to match various evolutionary psychology and/or computer science learning mechanism against the biologically and socially derived trait that learning is. The paper admits that some quantum algorithms are better for learning and that a classical physics template can emulate it (though using more resources), so that evolution and/or society should promote them is not surprising. I have no nits with the paper after a rapid browsing - they did compare model complexity with bayesian criteria - but the article seems somewhat misleading since the experiments allowed for updates at every step (which maximizes prediction) as far as I can see.

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
People tend to be dismissive without knowing,
and focus on things that are well established.
Learn more on "quantum biology"; it's a tough slog.
Don't rely on logic, and don't expect to understand.
When we are shocked by the quantum computing
revolution we will be humbled into learning more.

Many things in the past century that could not be
actually were proven, whether we believe or not.
Nothing supernatural to find, but we live only
on the surface of reality.

Logic is a part of observation and common sense. If we accept what we are told then we are nothing more then cannon fodder. Humans are complex organisms and to think one size fits all is pure ludicrous.

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Very interesting article and there is a credible truth to it. But it has its cons. One no one can predict human behavior never happen. Good and Evil cannot exist at the same time one cancels out the other. Good and Evil ebbs and flows to the flavor of societal consumption and what they will tolerate. It is also in a transition. Two behavior is predicated on past events what one sees in the present is an effect of a past cause be it traumatic or otherwise.
Most of the answers missed the operant conditioning it is sitting there in the article. This conditioning might work good for a dog rewards and punishments but there are too many variables involved when working with humans because each of us have been influenced by concepts of good and evil since childhood.
Psychology is an applied science based on statistical algorithms to arrive at a general consensus for a society as a whole. To understand the present effect, an outburst of angry, one has to travel back to the past to the cause the origin of that behavior then create a new memory to replace what is imprinted in one’s mind. Images in one’s mind can be replaced with more conducive images that have a valuation of one behavior and life.

The Iowa Gambling Task reminds me of a game that assess risk taking behavior that 23andme provides to their members. It has balloons that fill with mouse clicks. The more clicks the higher the points. A popped balloon awards zero points. Players are allowed to practice before taking part in the actual game. I found that balloons generally popped somewhere between 11 and 22 clicks. So I attempted 15 clicks for each and was found to have a high propensity for risk taking. The way I saw it while playing though was that there was no real world consequence for popping balloons so I stuck to my strategy. If there were some actual bad (evil) outcome associated with popping those balloons I would have approached this task more cautiously. I am however a nicotine addict so maybe my decision making is impaired.

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
I am referring
What I saw in the article was a mix of classical and operant conditioning. However, Pavlov did not discuss reinforcement and punishment in his research. Pavlov's research focused on conditioned responses through the pairing of neutral, unconditioned or conditioned stimuli. I should mention that I am referencing conditioning: operant and classical from a behavior analytic perspective and not a psychological perspective. The two fields of study are distinctly different.

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Moral reasoning is an ambiguity by virtue it is dictated by cultural influences which can be deceptive. As cultures are varied across the world by their own internal forces in their particular society. I do not attain to spirituality in any religion it weakens one's resolve. As far as Quantum physics it is predicated on Natural law which is verified by mathematical structures that are exact. The outcomes are not ambiguous but modify existing mathematical equations that require direct observations by the participant through trial and error. Imagination is constrained by conservation of Natural law. Knowledge always enhances one's decision making.

Mar 11, 2020
Visit site
"While caught in this ambiguous state, known as "superposition," an individual's final choice is unknown and unpredictable. " Wait, but you just predicted that when people know the outcome, it doesn't make a difference to the decision and when they don't know the outcome (ambiguous state), they don't take the second bet. Hence, the choice is known and predictable.

Apples and oranges particles are deterministic, people are macro and can spin in any direction determined by past causes. It takes behavioral development to change one's direction. Leaving a realm of probabilities.