What is global warming?

Mar 8, 2020
Visit site
What happened to climate change ... is no longer news?
Sooner rather than later, a more real and palpable threat appears on the scene and takes the role of Climate Change.
The appearance of Covid-19 has united the world in a desperate search for a vaccine and we are attentive to the words of scientists.
Climate change did not achieve this. The politicization, the exaggerations, the lack of clear signs of their presence in everyday life; They have relegated him to the background. Those who have a say in this ... will have to rethink their performance and regain credibility.

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say so I'm not going to argue. I would, however, like you to realize that the coronavirus outbreak is only being blown up because it's an election year in the US. I understand that Climate change could have been used for political gain instead, but epidemics are much easier to gain political brownie points from. A virus incites panic and hysteria, especially among people who aren't familiar with it. Panic makes it much easier to gain support with emotion rather than logic. While climate change is far more dangerous than the current coronavirus outbreak, it's easier for people to pretend it's far away. In comparison, they see a virus as a much more immediate threat. On top of that, solutions for climate change are expensive. When you put thought into it, the money is worth spending. The issue is, the average American isn't willing to put thought into it. They just see that it's expensive and that their taxes would likely be raised to accommodate the cost. That makes climate change a lot harder to champion with policies, and a lot harder to use as a campaign strategy.

Jun 22, 2021
Visit site
Global warming has caused many huge effects like heatwaves, cyclones, hurricanes, heavy rain, storms, tornadoes, tsunami, etc. Scientists believe that the weather will rise from 2.5 to 10 degrees due to greenhouse gasses produced by human activities. Please take care of nature.
Here are some tips that might help:
  • Don’t use electricity, water, fire, or any type of energy when not necessary.
  • Use paper bags instead of plastic bags when your shopping
Upvote

Mar 4, 2022
Visit site
The subject of global warming is always discussed only from the perspective of greenhouse gases, and I don't want to say that it's not true.
But please listen to another issue that I raise and more obvious than the atmospheric gases.

Imagine that our earth's surface and the atmosphere are like a closed room that is overheating and many have said and proved over time.
Do you think that by adding more heat-generating sources you will reduce the temperature in the room? Like adding a new working radiator in the room will decrease the temperature?!
This is the main point and now let's get back to the real cases.

Every no pollutant non-CO2 power generating device still has a goal to generate energy that is in the end converted mostly to heat, by the fabrication process generates heat, by the transportation, conversion, and finally the end device generate heat.
I will cover 2 cases that in my opinion have disastrous consequences for heating the planet and are considered good options to combat global warming.

1. Nuclear-powered factories generate huge amounts of heat because of their working principle, such as they usually need a huge water source nearby to cool down their components.
2. Geothermal plants extract heat from inside the earth, to warm the atmosphere, cooling the planet inside has disastrous effects over a long time because a cooling planet loses its magnetic field and after its atmosphere, as happened in the past with Mars.

So, in the end, no matter the power source and its CO2 footprint, the heat is still produced and the only real way to stop the planet's atmosphere from warming is to reduce the heat by reducing human activity entirely.

What happened to climate change ... is no longer news?

Yes..., but they are separate items. This is an article on Global Warming. If you want a Climate Change article there is a search feature.

Sooner rather than later, a more real and palpable threat appears on the scene and takes the role of Climate Change.

We do not need to take action to stop an issue if we are able to think of a bigger one, even if it is not affecting us?

The appearance of Covid-19 has united the world in a desperate search for a vaccine and we are attentive to the words of scientists.
Climate change did not achieve this.

We have multiple vaccines so no need to search...

Not really sure... Are you suggesting we try and cure the 'common cold' ahead of Global Warming and/ or Climate Change?

Global warming has caused many huge effects like heatwaves, cyclones, hurricanes, heavy rain, storms, tornadoes, tsunami, etc. Scientists believe that the weather will rise from 2.5 to 10 degrees due to greenhouse gasses produced by human activities. Please take care of nature.
Here are some tips that might help:
  • Don’t use electricity, water, fire, or any type of energy when not necessary.
  • Use paper bags instead of plastic bags when your shopping
Upvote

Global Warming does not cause tsunamis? Does it?
The weather will not be rising, well, potentially the height of storms will.

Imagine that our earth's surface and the atmosphere are like a closed room that is overheating and many have said and proved over time.
Do you think that by adding more heat-generating sources you will reduce the temperature in the room? Like adding a new working radiator in the room will decrease the temperature?!
This is the main point and now let's get back to the real cases.

It doesn;t matter how many working radiators you have in a room if you open all the windows and doors...

Greenhouse gases are the people that go around and close the doors and windows and then over time insulate the walls and make the radiators work more efficiently.

1. Nuclear-powered factories generate huge amounts of heat because of their working principle, such as they usually need a huge water source nearby to cool down their components.
2. Geothermal plants extract heat from inside the earth, to warm the atmosphere, cooling the planet inside has disastrous effects over a long time because a cooling planet loses its magnetic field and after its atmosphere, as happened in the past with Mars.

1. Is the generation of heat more damaging to the planet than the production of CO2 in a working plant?
2. Mars was ruined by geothermal plants?

Sep 8, 2023
Visit site
I don't dispute that all the things' humans have done to generate heat or greenhouse gas is mostly accurate. However, their effect on global warming is negligible, compared to the effect of the Sun. If you are familiar with the Milankovitch theory and the fact that the earth's orbit shifts, causing global warming and cooling periods.
The associated article, written by some journalist who doesn't know what she is talking about, uses data by, so-called, climate experts. They claim that the earth's temperature has increased by 2 degrees C, from 1981 until today. The chart below shows an increase in temperature of .25 degrees C, from 1981 thru 2015:
oops! I can't attach the chart. Its source is' JR CHRISTY, University of Alabama in Huntsville, Model Output: KNIMI Climate Explorer'

They claim that the earth's temperature has increased by 2 degrees C, from 1981 until today.

From the article dated 2020, "This has led to an overall 3.6 F (2 C) increase in global average temperature today compared with the preindustrial era"

I don;t know what that means exactly but it's around 1750, not 1981.