Well, frankly speaking for me it is really difficult to analyze information in this topic. As a result here are some questions I would love to solve out with you:
1) Well, first of all In my view the definition of love is our emotions we feel towards another person.
2) Do you think the stronger passion between persons the bigger amount of hormone oxytocin is released? Or it doesn't matter?
Oh, sorry I found an answer - Falling in love releases 60,000 to 85,000 molecules of oxytocin in magnocellular neurons. This is significantly more than in the smaller neurons, which release 7,000 to 10,000 molecules.
3) According to this article oxytocin "is stored for later use".
Is it possible to reused it?
4) According to this article "oxytocin is a special hormone that promotes bonding". I want to know in which way this bonding is promoting?
5) Don't you think that eventually sexual passion is providing bond between us?
6) It seems to me that I got a reply to my answer concerning the main function of the oxytocin. Oxytocin is love itself which further provides passion as well as bonding between us!!!