What Are the Symptoms of the Coronavirus?

RYRodlW.png

With all the talk of the coronavirus, you’re probably monitoring every cough, sneeze, or mild cold just in case it turns into a deadly illness. Of course, without knowing the exact symptoms of coronavirus, you won’t be able to distinguish it from other illnesses. It doesn’t exactly announce itself with a nametag. As the virus spreads from country to country, it’s important to know how to spot the symptoms both in yourself and in those close to you. Here’s a look at the symptoms of the coronavirus.

35XxaXW.jpg

1. Common symptoms are fever, shortness of breath, and coughing.
Coronavirus is a respiratory illness, so the symptoms will mostly affect your respiratory system. Coughing and shortness of breath are the most common, and a fever will generally accompany these. Don’t panic if you have these symptoms though, because they can apply to other illnesses as well.

2. Symptoms can appear anywhere from 2 to 14 days after exposure.
When monitoring symptoms, keep in mind the time frame that they appear within. If you suspect you’ve been exposed to someone who could have the virus, symptoms can appear between 2 and 14 days afterward. For comparison, influenza symptoms are usually apparent 1-4 days after exposure. The longer incubation time might help coronavirus spread, since those who are infected don’t know they are yet and can still be contagious even without symptoms.

znA65U3.jpg

3. You might not be able to distinguish between flu symptoms and coronavirus.
One challenge when diagnosing coronavirus is that its symptoms are very close to the flu. Both are respiratory illnesses, and both can cause fever and shortness of breath. So, if you have flu-like symptoms, it’s wise to stay home, avoid contact with others, and work on getting better with rest, hydration, and fever-reducing medication. Keep in mind that about 80% of coronavirus cases have been mild. Even if you do get it, chances are, you’re going to be fine.

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
The virus sounds a bit like "the big pretender", while you might think you have flu, or a cold, you could actually have this new virus. Or you may not have any serious symptoms. While always being fastidious with hand washing, I am a nurse, I am shocked by people who wear masks (which are said to do very little) but don't wash their hands. Please wear rubber gloves when going out. I sincerely wish everyone could see what is growing on hands under a microscope. It is enough to make you sick, pardon the pun people. I hope scientists find a vaccine and huge quantities are made so many can be inocculated. Hang in there folks, this too shall pass, probably not as fast as we would like it to.

Covar19

BANNED
Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
A little bit of misinformation in the OP. The cough for COVID-19 is a dry cough.

But that could later develop into a wet cough later on, so if you're a natural cougher anyway (eg smoker) then you might miss the initial symptom.

Because my symptoms weren't severe enough, I was not able to get a test to confirm a diagnosis of COVID-19. But I know that I had it because I've never experienced shortness of breath in my life like I did for this. I also never experienced the tingling and itchiness deep in my lungs, and the dry cough. I've had the flu before and never experienced anything similar.

I'm attributing 10,000 miles of bicycle exercise over 4 years to my ability as a 53 yo to recover from COVID-19 without any hospitalization or medication. But I did experience all three of the main symptoms. The dry cough is the longest lasting ~ 30 days and counting.

Aug 8, 2020
Visit site
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
Fever or chills
Cough
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue
Muscle or body aches
Headache
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
Trouble breathing
Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
New confusion
Inability to wake or stay awake
Bluish lips or face

ZipFile

BANNED
Aug 16, 2020
Visit site
RYRodlW.png

With all the talk of the coronavirus, you’re probably monitoring every cough, sneeze, or mild cold just in case it turns into a deadly illness. Of course, without knowing the exact symptoms of coronavirus, you won’t be able to distinguish it from other illnesses. It doesn’t exactly announce itself with a nametag. As the virus spreads from country to country, it’s important to know how to spot the symptoms both in yourself and in those close to you. Here’s a look at the symptoms of the coronavirus.

35XxaXW.jpg

1. Common symptoms are fever, shortness of breath, and coughing.
Coronavirus is a respiratory illness, so the symptoms will mostly affect your respiratory system. Coughing and shortness of breath are the most common, and a fever will generally accompany these. Don’t panic if you have these symptoms though, because they can apply to other illnesses as well.

2. Symptoms can appear anywhere from 2 to 14 days after exposure.
When monitoring symptoms, keep in mind the time frame that they appear within. If you suspect you’ve been exposed to someone who could have the virus, symptoms can appear between 2 and 14 days afterward. For comparison, influenza symptoms are usually apparent 1-4 days after exposure. The longer incubation time might help coronavirus spread, since those who are infected don’t know they are yet and can still be contagious even without symptoms.

znA65U3.jpg

3. You might not be able to distinguish between flu symptoms and coronavirus.
One challenge when diagnosing coronavirus is that its symptoms are very close to the flu. Both are respiratory illnesses, and both can cause fever and shortness of breath. So, if you have flu-like symptoms, it’s wise to stay home, avoid contact with others, and work on getting better with rest, hydration, and fever-reducing medication. Keep in mind that about 80% of coronavirus cases have been mild. Even if you do get it, chances are, you’re going to be fine.
My symptoms were
1. Wednesday sweat profusely at 1 PM for one half hour with no other symptons
2. Thursday, severe stomach pain after lunch took off the next day
3. Woke up Friday with no symptoms then developed severe diarrhea later as the stomach issue passed
4. Saturday no symptoms until dinner which had absolutely no taste

The wife lost much of her hearing for 4 or 5 days and our son threw up in the gym. No medical attention was needed, the common cold is way more frustrating

Sep 21, 2020
Visit site
Our household got this virus in mid July. We are in Souther California high desert, in East Kern County (geographical reference) We are three in the household, no pre existing conditions we are in mid 40’s my Son 17, just turned 18, shortly after contracting the virus.
Our symptoms were different, but the one thing we all experienced was losing our sense of taste and smell. The strange thing is, my Son and Husband had that symptom around 1 week before I did. Which is odd because I share the same sleeping quarters as my husband, and my son is always in a different part of our home. But after analyzing the entire process, from which we became aware, to testing to recovery, etc. The explanation of our lapse in becoming infected, was in theory, that week I worked nights, and was gone from around 5pm - 2am, so they had dinner (take out) and delivery etc., while on most instances we have dinner as a unit. But also, by the time I got in everyone was already in bed and. or asleep. The first time my Son said he recalled losing his sense of smelling anything was on a Friday, but he didn’t think anything of at the time. He mentioned it to me (via-text) the Monday after, he experienced this for around 3 days. On that the same day, later on my husband told me the same thing, which was he couldn’t taste anything! I told him: Tim said he couldn’t taste or smell any thing either... I looked at him and I said oh no! Maybe it’s coronavirus!? I went and talked to my Son asking him, what other symptoms he had. He told me that he haven’t been feeling that good all weekend, and just been tired. Which I did notice because he was going to sleep earlier than usual, being that he spends most of the nights very late on his PS4 gaming. That weekend he was asleep by the time I got home. My husband was sick Friday but went to work, and felt very out of it all weekend, and on that Monday I was feeling out of it, but went to work and I felt very tired, and I remember not having any desire to eat, on my break, which is very unusual. I also remember having very bad stomach pains, and was so tired that I was just counting the minutes to go home and felt like laying down the whole night. I yawned and was very out of it, by the end of my 8 hour shift... When I got home finally is when we all realized that this could be the virus, which we all tried so hard to protect ourselves against, with constantly washing and sanitizing, I had disinfected every thing the best I could, used alcohol swabs everywhere I went, wiped my steering wheel shifters, keys, phone door handles light switches and everything we brought in from the store, or from the outside. We social disgraced like we possibly ever could. We went nowhere! Except work, and the market if needed only! I wouldn’t allow guests over, everything was on pause, and we followed all public officials guidance. But, the week I leave the men to fen for themselves... Sh*t hit the fan, and it went everywhere! My Son and husband went to pick up pizza, from the local pizza place, while I was at work. My Son always took his mask everywhere, and wore it while in public, when we went to the market, gas station, etc. But that night he ran in to grab the pizza, and he forgot to bring his mask, but he figured, ah, no biggie, the counter is like 4 feet from the entrance and it will be quick. Well, mind you, nobody in that pizza place wears masks, still don’t from the last I checked, and that’s the only place we can think of where this Virus must of been contracted from. This was mid week of that Friday, my son first became aware of any symptom. By the time we figured it out I had already been to work a few nights, but that Monday I noticed a difference in my physical abilities. Tuesday I called work and explained what was going on, and that Thursday I got tested. My husband also called out, which he called out that Monday, and was in bed for the next two and a half weeks. He experienced a very sharp pain on the top of his skull, in the top, slightly to the left of his head, he was in agonizing pain for at least 10 days straight and any pain reliever he took, did no justice. He hardly ate, he felt pretty warm to hot, for a good 5-7 days, which he may have experienced a fever, but with a thermometer, I couldn’t say for sure. I personally don’t know if I ever had a temperature, however we are supposed to check our temps before every shift, nobody ever really does, but we are required to wear masks, no exceptions! This in fact is my true analysis, and conclusion, that masks 100% work, to slow or stop the spread. Had I or my coworkers not been wearing them, they all would of contracted this virus. Not one of them did!!! We worked 8 hours very close in proximity and I was experiencing full on symptoms that last night I worked. Moreover, had my son wore a mask upon going into that pizza place for only a couple minutes, he would of never been exposed! He hadn’t gone anywhere else that week, but there, or without coverings, otherwise. But from that moment forward we were all very out of it and very tired, far more than I could ever explain. My husband didn’t go get tested that day I went because he could barely lift his head, to get out of bed. My son wanted to go get tested, but their policy only aloud ages 18 and over to be tested, which in my opinion makes it clear, why the numbers of 17 and younger, infected people were very low. They only tested younger people if they went in to the ER with similar symptoms, or if they were referred by their primary physician. But anyway, the next several weeks were sluggish, house started piling up, lawn wasn’t getting watered, etc... It took 8 days to get my POSITIVE for COVID-19 results and it was official. After the long drawn out next couple weeks passed, my symptoms turned into a whole different issue, while my husband was feeling better, I started to get strange pressure in my chest. It would feel very heavy and I felt like it would stop me in my tracks. Or keep me numb for around 10-15 minutes at a time. If I sat up, lay down, turn over, or laid on my side, either side, it would just feel like extreme pressure in my chest. This happened a few times a day. I honestly thought I was probably going to die. That went from chest tightness, to just feeling like someone was squeezing my heart. To this day, I have experienced this almost daily. Although it’s a little more milder than it was before, I still fell it. My Son also told me he gets the same thing in his chest, but he describes it as not as intense as myself. Recently my Daughter, who lives near by, who’s 20, has told me that she’s been experiencing those same symptoms, and just a few days ago, my Son while visiting said her two roommates also were saying they are getting unusual chest symptoms. I told my Daughter they should go get the anti-bodies test, because they probably got the virus and don’t know. Because during that time we were infected, in fact that Monday we realized what it might be, I gave her a ride to meet her grandparents because they were going to Vegas for the night, and she went with them. Neither of us wore masks while riding in my car, and I am 100% certain I was infected that day, which was also the last night I went to work. We finally went back the 3rd week of August, after we took an anti-bodies test, which also confirmed my husbands positive Covid infection, which his work wanted him to present documentation for, amid his 5-6 weeks out. But the experience was a little surreal. QUICK NOTE: Not one of us experienced a cough, shortness of breath, and from self observation, only my Husband experienced a fever... And finally; We did everything possible to avoid getting this virus, and until these heart symptoms finally go away completely, in hopes of being out of the woods, from possibly sealing my fate, I’m sort of relieved otherwise, in having contracted this virus. I feel less stressed, in going out there, and becoming infected, and not knowing what to expect, because everyone’s different and will have different symptoms, experiences, and, or end results. You could die, and that’s the scary part. You can pass it on to others who can die, or who knows it could leave lasting health issues, that you never had prior to. I’m still planning on going to get a full check up, but I haven’t yet. Further complications, are yet, to be determined. Just an insight of what you may expect, if you become infected. Thank you for reading.