What are the odds that an anti-COVID pill will work for people?

Dec 14, 2021
Visit site
I’m not a skeptic by nature, but I find it increasingly difficult to believe that there will ever be an absolute cure for COVID-19. I am a layman, but this “virus” seems more similar to HIV, cancer, and other terminal illnesses than being a mere viral infection. The reason is that things started with a single vaccine, then another dose was required. Some countries are now even going for a third booster dose, and there is even talk of a fourth one. Where will it end?? Will it end at all??

I also try my best not to believe any conspiracy theories, but it’s becoming increasingly difficult. Human beings are strange creatures, I agree - but how much longer can we continue being made fools of while the rich get richer and survive, and it’s the poor that suffer? It’s the same thing with hunger - we all know there’s enough money in the world to feed the hungry, but no one is doing anything about it. Why?

I recently got into a very heated argument with a coworker, who believes the government and the global pharmacological industry that all is well and will continue to be despite the rising death tolls. After I presented the same previously mentioned arguments to him, his response was a mere link: https://www.inkedmag.com/original-news/gambling-tattoo. He counter-replied, “if a tattoo can help with gambling addiction,” why is it so hard for you to believe that the human psyche isn’t as fragile as you think?”

I would love to hear more thoughts on this subject, as I’m really, really struggling to keep an open mind about everything - especially the pandemic - but I am finding that human stupidity is indeed limitless. Please advise!

Reactions: DMH
Nov 19, 2021
Visit site
I’m not a skeptic by nature, but I find it increasingly difficult to believe that there will ever be an absolute cure for COVID-19. I am a layman, but this “virus” seems more similar to HIV, cancer, and other terminal illnesses than being a mere viral infection. The reason is that things started with a single vaccine, then another dose was required. Some countries are now even going for a third booster dose, and there is even talk of a fourth one. Where will it end?? Will it end at all??

For interest the vaccines generally fade in effectiveness to the point where additional injections are needed. I have had 3 so far and suffered a Delta infection. My expected protection against Omicron is about 70%. Possibly (I hope) reducing effects to common cold level. The Astra Zeneca vaccine produces good level of T cells which can help offset the decline in effective antibodies. I have a mixture of Pfizer and Astra.

Of course these vaccines were designed to combat the original virus not the mutated varieties. March next year may see the introduction of Omicron targeted vaccines.

The vaccines will buy time for, hopefully, the virus to evolve to a very mild strain. The tendency for the mutants to be more infectious means they may replace the older nasty varieties. However the name of the game is assume the worst but hope for the best. Cheer up and get the vaccine!

DMH

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
I have been using hydrogen peroxide toothpaste the last few weeks. Does hydrogen peroxide help to inactivate SARS-CoV-2 ,if the virus is in the mouth?