What are the Best Graduate Programs in Robotics? (US)

May 29, 2020
Visit site
What are the Best Graduate Programs in Robotics?
I am a fourth-year undergraduate student planning to apply for grad school (Master’s programs) this year. I specifically want to do Robotics in grad school and currently in the process of deciding which schools to apply for. Therefore, if you are familiar with the robotics industry or pursuing graduate study in this field, I really hope that you can help me answer the following questions. Thank you so much in advance!
  1. What are the best universities to pursue a master’s degree in Robotics? I did some search online and found that UPenn and CMU are the current best schools in this field. What is your opinion on the reputation of these two schools in the robotics community?
  2. What do you think of the MS Robotics program at UPenn and CMU? Are they good? Are they worth the ~$80k tuition (2 years)?
  3. Do you think having a master’s degree at these prestigious schools will make it easier for me to find a better job/internship after graduation? Are GRASP Lab and CMU Robotics Institute well-known in the industry?
Thank you.

Jul 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
I'm planning to apply for an online Robotics Engineering MS degree at WPI. There're plenty of programs on campus or remote courses. I was planning to study abroad (degree in Human-Robot Interaction at University of Skövde in Norrmalm, Sweden), but because of the pandemic situation, I think it's too risky. + the tuition for online degree is comparatively lower, so it's obviously the best solution so far.

Last edited by a moderator: