We're nowhere near reaching the maximum human life span, controversial study suggests

Dec 16, 2022
Visit site
This all assumes no major biomedical technology interventions. Considering recent developments, such interventions seem increasingly likely, within the next 20 years -- I mean therapies that to an increasing degree reverse aging.

A combination of therapies may be on offer soon. Initially, basic stuff like thymus rejuvenation that restores immunes systems to a younger state, along with targeted destruction of senolytic "zombie" cells, followed by suite of gene therapies. These will be followed by more radical procedures, possibly using Yamanka factors to turn the clock back on all cells in the body.

Mar 30, 2023
Visit site
I have little doubt you are right. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't therapies now or at least on the cusp of availability. However, if the current pharmaceutical industry is any indication, the expensive R&D will push for the highest profit possible. Given that even one percent of the global population is still a huge number, prices will be tailored to them, effectively making 99% of humanity ineligible. For that reason, I find no excitement in the prospect. Anymore than I have for the prospect of owning a highrise penthouse in Dubai. So non-story, effectively something that shouldn't be anticipated.

Mar 30, 2023
Visit site
Why would you want to tho ??? There is already to many humans on this earth as each every single year there is more than the previous year , there is only SO MUCH resources , rather make a virus that wipe out half of humanity at least the earth and animals might stand a chance then

Mar 31, 2023
Visit site
That's a somewhat outdated argument. In most western countries, birth rate is below replacement, and so population will likely decline start declining rapidly in the future.

The main problem with aging is people become dependent on others. But if they stay healthy until the end, that's actually a benefit for everyone.

Reactions: NerillDP